bethdanielle
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Was wondering if Industrialisation is worth revising, we were taught it but it's never come up on a past paper
Also which are most likely come come up on the AS resit tomorrow?
Amymorican
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You need to talk about industrilisation in relation to functionalism and parsons functional fit theory. You'll never get a question on just industrilisation and it's pretty unlikely functionalism would come up this year so I would just skim over it.
Basically parsons argues that in a pre industrial society the extended family were the most dominant family type but as society became more industrialised the family needed to become geographically mobile to find work so broke away and became the isolated nuclear family and parsons therefore concludes the nuclear family is the family type best fit in an industrial society
Lillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Industrialisation won't come up as a single question, that'll only be on the A2 papers. Also there's about 5 other recent threads with predictions
bethdanielle
Rep:
(Original post by Amymorican)
You need to talk about industrilisation in relation to functionalism and parsons functional fit theory. You'll never get a question on just industrilisation and it's pretty unlikely functionalism would come up this year so I would just skim over it.
Basically parsons argues that in a pre industrial society the extended family were the most dominant family type but as society became more industrialised the family needed to become geographically mobile to find work so broke away and became the isolated nuclear family and parsons therefore concludes the nuclear family is the family type best fit in an industrial society
Thank you
bethdanielle
Rep:
(Original post by Lillah)
Industrialisation won't come up as a single question, that'll only be on the A2 papers. Also there's about 5 other recent threads with predictions
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads