Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?
    (for the last question was it positive production externalities or negative production externalities when looking at wind farms generating electricity??)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah was very nice. Last part definitely negative production externality... according to the head of economics at my school anyway. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    Positive production surely. Because wind farms create positive externalities through creating electricity in a renewable manner (thus no pollution or environmental effects). If it were negative production, then ur suggesting there is overproduction in the market. Consequently a subsidy would just move us further from equilibrium which simply isn't right.
    Also, which school do you go to

ReputationRep:
    Good to see the new spec get a nice paper

ReputationRep:
    Pato1, what did you put, positive or negative ??

ReputationRep:
    rtewr

ReputationRep:
    i made the most stupid mistake ever i spelt subsidy wrong instead i used the word subside as i was in a rush to finish in time could this ultimately cost me the whole essay as subside is totally different to subsidy

ReputationRep:
    Found multiple choice quite hard but, overall, the exam wasn't too hard and question 16 was a gift. Did anyone choose question 18 for the 20 marker?

ReputationRep:
    lol no, saw the subsidy and went straight for that. anyone who did question 17, was it positive or negative production externality????

ReputationRep:
    positive externality - wouldn't use a subsidy for negative externalities

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the evaluation of question 16 and 17?
    Question 16: Limitations of minimum price : depends on PED, excess supply(market doesn't clear) and time period
    Question 17 : Limitations of subsidies to wind farms : opportunity cost , PED, misuse of subsidies
    Is there anything missing ?(or a lot)
    When do we get the mark scheme and grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the min pricing question was a comment not evaluate question so I don't think you needed an evaluation but I may be wrong............
    As for subsides, benefits were
    1) cost of Positive externality were internalised however they positive externality was still present
    2) could change consumer preferences
    3) makes merit good cheaper (wind farms)
    Negative were
    1) difficulty to put a monetary value on a merit good
    2) opportunity cost
    3) may make producers inefficient and reliant on subsidies-gives them less incentive to lower costs of production and innovate
    4) PED - won't do much for in elastic good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan.v)
    lol no, saw the subsidy and went straight for that. anyone who did question 17, was it positive or negative production externality????
    Tbh you could argue both positive consumption and positive production as long as you have reasoning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tristankallas)
    Yeah was very nice. Last part definitely negative production externality... according to the head of economics at my school anyway. What did you put?
    It isn't a negative
    It was positive production externality
    The government wouldn't subsidise a negative externality

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the 20 marker I said windmills is a positive externality of consumption because there would be less carbon emissions Would I lost a lot of marks for doing that? please reply, I'm extremely worried.

ReputationRep:
    That is the perfect answer 👌🏻

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.