Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've made a new thread for the old spec because the other one was getting messy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have predictions for the family and household paper tomorrow?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Feminist perspectives
    Demography
    Family diversity

ReputationRep:
    + couples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkate1569)
    Does anyone have predictions for the family and household paper tomorrow?? Thanks
    Hi, My teacher is predicting that either, feminism, family diversity, family universal or family losing its functions will come up. Last year she got them completly right however not as confident this year, obviously revise everything just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shavin)
    Hi, My teacher is predicting that either, feminism, family diversity, family universal or family losing its functions will come up. Last year she got them completly right however not as confident this year, obviously revise everything just in case
    What's family universal??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starshine909)
    What's family universal??
    Is the family universal, functionalists, new right, lone parents, kibbutz, nayer and foster care. That's what we learned anyway :/

ReputationRep:
    Is the family universal, functionalists, new right, lone parents, kibbutz, nayer and foster care. That's what we learned anyway :/
    But what u mentioned seems like theories and family diversity mixed?

ReputationRep:
    But what u mentioned seems like theories and family diversity mixed?
    Ermm i'm not too sure..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the culture and identity paper aqa???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariarose_)
    I've made a new thread for the old spec because the other one was getting messy
    Does anyone have predictions for culture and identity paper ?

ReputationRep:
    What would you write for family losing it functions?
    What topic is that. Sometimes the wording can you throw you off

ReputationRep:
    Some of those studies are not in the book
    Where did you get them from?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I've never heard of family universal or family losing its functions! Could you explain what they mean or in a different context?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    What would you write for family losing it functions?
    What topic is that. Sometimes the wording can you throw you off
    this came up as a 24m in 2010
    the mark scheme says
    Concepts and issues such as the following may appear: the role of theeducation system; rising divorce rates; lone-parent families; births outsidemarriage; rise of feminism; child care; choice; singletons; family diversity;greater individualism; kinship patterns; the development of the welfare state;reproductive technologies.

ReputationRep:
    Are u doing the old or new spec?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bad at structuring my essays, I'm learning family diversity at the minute could anyone give an example of how I could structure one on that? For example how to explain reasons for the increase in divorce etc then go onto partnerships? Might sound confusing but I'm looking for any key sentences to link etc

ReputationRep:
    the mark scheme says
    Concepts and issues such as the following may appear: the role of theeducation system; rising divorce rates; lone-parent families; births outsidemarriage; rise of feminism; child care; choice; singletons; family diversity;greater individualism; kinship patterns; the development of the welfare state;reproductive technologies.
    So it's family diversity? Ewe hate that topic

ReputationRep:
    the mark scheme says
    Oh think I get it
    What would you write for the family not losing its functions.....if it's an assess question

What does the role of education do?

ReputationRep:
    Are u doing the old or new spec?
    old spec

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.