Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allexxz)
    Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?
    I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?

ReputationRep:
    i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybooth122)
    i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?
    A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatWhiteside)
    A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine
    I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bharp)
    I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?
    I thought they were quite nice! Struggled for AO1 points to start off with as I'm used to the 4/8 structure instead of 5/5 - It's surprisingly hard to think of one extra AO1 point! But I got there in the end

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I surprisingly liked this paper
    The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

(Original post by bharp)
    I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?
    I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
    And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGotThePower)
    I surprisingly liked this paper
    The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
    And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed
    I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker!
    Oh God, I hope so!

How are you feeling about units 3 and 4?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I hope so!

I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I hope so!

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bharp)
    I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?
    Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you?
    Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
    I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allexxz)
    I agree with research methods it was really weird, no hypothesis or experimental design???? And thought the essays were really nice but the gender short questions were dodgy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
    I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys!
    I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
    Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charsid)
    I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
    Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again
    Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse

ReputationRep:
    Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse
    That sounds so much more interesting!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.