allexxz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?
bharp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by allexxz)
Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?
I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?
kellybooth122
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?
MatWhiteside
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kellybooth122)
i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?
A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine
bharp
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MatWhiteside)
A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine
I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?
MatWhiteside
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bharp)
I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?
I thought they were quite nice! Struggled for AO1 points to start off with as I'm used to the 4/8 structure instead of 5/5 - It's surprisingly hard to think of one extra AO1 point! But I got there in the end

How about you?
IGotThePower
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I surprisingly liked this paper
The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

(Original post by bharp)
I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?
I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed
MatWhiteside
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IGotThePower)
I surprisingly liked this paper
The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed
I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker!
IGotThePower
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker!
Oh God, I hope so!

How are you feeling about units 3 and 4?
bharp
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh God, I hope so!

I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?
MatWhiteside
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh God, I hope so!

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you?
IGotThePower
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bharp)
I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?
Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you?
Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys!
charsid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by allexxz)
I agree with research methods it was really weird, no hypothesis or experimental design???? And thought the essays were really nice but the gender short questions were dodgy
charsid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys!
I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again
MatWhiteside
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by charsid)
I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again
Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse
charsid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse
That sounds so much more interesting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?