Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, how did you guys find the resit fro econ 1 today?

i did context 2 about the arts and culture. I had a bit of trouble with essay, question asked if subsidies were the best way to provide funding for the arts and culture activities. (i think thats what it asked lol. got a real bad memory)

I evaluated subsidies then suggested corporate tax can be reduced to encourage investment in arts and culture stuff. Im not sure i did it correctly ...

ReputationRep:
    I think it was something like if subsidies were the best way of allocating resources within the industry or something like that. that 12 marker was a ******* for me though. What answer did you get for the PES?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunGunGooner)
    I think it was something like if subsidies were the best way of allocating resources within the industry or something like that. that 12 marker was a ******* for me though. What answer did you get for the PES?
    1. I got 1.9 as pes. I thought the 12 was pretty bad. The essay was my worst part. I royally messed it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheelo73)
    1. I got 1.9 as pes. I thought the 12 was pretty bad. The essay was my worst part. I royally messed it up
    Yeah I got 1.9 also. The essay was ok i think. I spoke about art and culture being a merit good so it would be underprovided then drew a cost+benefit diagram.
    Though, i'm not sure my point about opportunity cost and the subsidy going elsewhere is valid at all

ReputationRep:
    I was shocked so many people did the Arts and Culture data response. I did the Renewable energy question and thought it would have been the more obvious choice of the two.

ReputationRep:
    I did renewable energy, was a piss easy essay and exam overall, lovely stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunGunGooner)
    Yeah I got 1.9 also. The essay was ok i think. I spoke about art and culture being a merit good so it would be underprovided then drew a cost+benefit diagram.
    Though, i'm not sure my point about opportunity cost and the subsidy going elsewhere is valid at all

I didnt qrute about the oppurtubity cost of the subsidy. I should have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamFanara)
    I was shocked so many people did the Arts and Culture data response. I did the Renewable energy question and thought it would have been the more obvious choice of the two.
    I thought the essay question was vague so i left it lol. The address arts question was clearer IMO

ReputationRep:
    I wrote at the end of the arts essay that the govt could also do nothing. The ACE already recieved a lot of money. Idk if that was a good thing to write...haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamFanara)
    I thought the essay question was vague so i left it lol. The address arts question was clearer IMO

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.