Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys - I've got my core chemistry exam this Thursday - eek! I got my ISA results from yr10 today and I got a B in my chemistry ISA. I'm abit gutted as I wanted it to be higher so I had something to fall back on ! What would I need in the exam (obviously combined with all my 3 chemistry exams) in order to achieve an A? Would I just need an A or would I need an A* in the exam/s?! I struggled with chemistry last year as I had no motivation but now I have knuckled down and feel pretty confident with it.

3 A's would get you an A
    2 A's and another B would get you either an A or a B, depends on boundaries for the year.
    1 A* and 2 A's would get you an A
    2 A* and an A would get you an A* or an A, again depending on grade boundaries.
    ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for an A is 2 A's and a B
    ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for an A* is 2 A* and an A

This is just a rough guide but should give you a good idea.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.