The Student Room Group

WJEC AS ethics

Any predictions for Thursday 2016??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Finally someone else is doing it! I have no real predictions but what questions are you focusing on doing??
Reply 2
Situation ethics and applied! But also looking over util just in case! How about you?
Reply 3
Yeah definitely those 3 questions, I'm definitely not doing applied ethics but I feel that either a 15 marker or 30 marker will require us to link one of the theories to Christianity
Reply 4
I'm focusing on Utilitarianism & Natural Law with Situation Ethics as a back up as well. My teacher said if they were feeling very sneaky, there is a chance that they'll ask you to relate one of the theories to sexual ethics
Reply 5
I think situation ethics will either be explain why it's a relativistic/ consequentialist theory, or about antinomianism and legalism!:smile:
Reply 6
How would you relate one of the questions to sexual ethics??
Original post by beabea123
I think situation ethics will either be explain why it's a relativistic/ consequentialist theory, or about antinomianism and legalism!:smile:

ah, do you think the questions could be that specific :eek:
Reply 8
Original post by queenaaliyah
ah, do you think the questions could be that specific :eek:

Well they have been previous past paper questions, and haven't come up since 2012/13... So potentially!
Reply 9
Original post by beabea123
Well they have been previous past paper questions, and haven't come up since 2012/13... So potentially!

I've seen that two and wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest
Reply 10
How does anyone feel about time because 1hour 15minutes seems really short in my opinion
Reply 11
Original post by Haeben
How would you relate one of the questions to sexual ethics??

My teacher said you should write about the theory as you normally would but instead of using your own examples, you should relate the theory to stuff like abortion, gay marriage, sex before marriage etc... So say whether the theory would agree or disagree. Hopefully it won't come up though !
Reply 12
[QUOTE=mooshoo;64893181]My teacher said you should write about the theory as you normally would but instead of using your own examples, you should relate the theory to stuff like abortion, gay marriage, sex before marriage etc... So say whether the theory would agree or disagree. Hopefully it won't come up though !

Yeah hopefully because it sounds a lot like applied ethics which I'm not going over at all haha
Reply 13
Original post by Haeben
Yeah hopefully because it sounds a lot like applied ethics which I'm not going over at all haha

I've not even been taught applied ethics so if it makes you feel better, you'd do better than me in that situation😂
Reply 14
[QUOTE=mooshoo;64894145]I've not even been taught applied ethics so if it makes you feel better, you'd do better than me in that situation😂

Why haven't you been taught? 😂
Reply 15
Original post by Haeben
Why haven't you been taught? 😂

My college have only taught us utilitarianism, natural law and situation ethics😭 for philosophy, we've not done mysticism
Reply 16
I'm in the same boat...I've studied Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism! I'm hoping the questions won't shock us, I'd be pretty happy with strengths and weaknesses to be honest
Reply 17
I'm doing Utilitarianism and NML, but I've learnt a little bit of SE in case the other two questions are horrible. My school didn't teach us Applied Ethic either, but I don't mind because it gave us a whole extra term to thoroughly revise the other three topics
Reply 18
How did that go for you guys? I didn't think it was too bad considering how unprepared I was...
Reply 19
[QUOTE=emzzyj;64951841]How did that go for you guys? I didn't think it was too bad considering how unprepared I was...

I found it really good! What questions did you choose?

Quick Reply

Latest