?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any predictions for Thursday 2016??
Haeben
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Finally someone else is doing it! I have no real predictions but what questions are you focusing on doing??
beabea123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Situation ethics and applied! But also looking over util just in case! How about you?
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah definitely those 3 questions, I'm definitely not doing applied ethics but I feel that either a 15 marker or 30 marker will require us to link one of the theories to Christianity
mooshoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm focusing on Utilitarianism & Natural Law with Situation Ethics as a back up as well. My teacher said if they were feeling very sneaky, there is a chance that they'll ask you to relate one of the theories to sexual ethics
beabea123
Rep:
?
I think situation ethics will either be explain why it's a relativistic/ consequentialist theory, or about antinomianism and legalism!
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How would you relate one of the questions to sexual ethics??
queenaaliyah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beabea123)
I think situation ethics will either be explain why it's a relativistic/ consequentialist theory, or about antinomianism and legalism!
ah, do you think the questions could be that specific :eek:
beabea123
Rep:
?
(Original post by queenaaliyah)
ah, do you think the questions could be that specific :eek:
Well they have been previous past paper questions, and haven't come up since 2012/13... So potentially!
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beabea123)
Well they have been previous past paper questions, and haven't come up since 2012/13... So potentially!
I've seen that two and wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How does anyone feel about time because 1hour 15minutes seems really short in my opinion
mooshoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Haeben)
How would you relate one of the questions to sexual ethics??
My teacher said you should write about the theory as you normally would but instead of using your own examples, you should relate the theory to stuff like abortion, gay marriage, sex before marriage etc... So say whether the theory would agree or disagree. Hopefully it won't come up though !
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mooshoo;[url="tel:64893181")
64893181[/url]]My teacher said you should write about the theory as you normally would but instead of using your own examples, you should relate the theory to stuff like abortion, gay marriage, sex before marriage etc... So say whether the theory would agree or disagree. Hopefully it won't come up though !
Yeah hopefully because it sounds a lot like applied ethics which I'm not going over at all haha
mooshoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah hopefully because it sounds a lot like applied ethics which I'm not going over at all haha
I've not even been taught applied ethics so if it makes you feel better, you'd do better than me in that situation😂
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mooshoo;[url="tel:64894145")
64894145[/url]]I've not even been taught applied ethics so if it makes you feel better, you'd do better than me in that situation😂
Why haven't you been taught? 😂
mooshoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why haven't you been taught? 😂
My college have only taught us utilitarianism, natural law and situation ethics😭 for philosophy, we've not done mysticism
emzzyj
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same boat...I've studied Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism! I'm hoping the questions won't shock us, I'd be pretty happy with strengths and weaknesses to be honest
Roscuro
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Utilitarianism and NML, but I've learnt a little bit of SE in case the other two questions are horrible. My school didn't teach us Applied Ethic either, but I don't mind because it gave us a whole extra term to thoroughly revise the other three topics
emzzyj
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did that go for you guys? I didn't think it was too bad considering how unprepared I was...
Haeben
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emzzyj;[url="tel:64951841")
64951841[/url]]How did that go for you guys? I didn't think it was too bad considering how unprepared I was...
I found it really good! What questions did you choose?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
15.01%
1 (68)
13.79%
2 (64)
12.98%
20.28%
20.28%
5 (87)
17.65%

Watched Threads