Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found this item that I really want, it's limited edition et al. I'm the highest bidder but I looked at his feedback and it's all from sellers and not people that have bought off him. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hippingPayment

It also seems a bit suspect that he says he's not responsible for shipping damages and doesn't offer insurance. He's the only person with the CD+DVD and the only other way I can get the album is off a Japanese website that I can't navigate at all, it's all in Japanese although I was told I'd be able to get it from there. Anyway, should I go ahead with this bid?

ReputationRep:
    There are a couple of buyers early on, i think you should buy it, they dont look that dodgy to me...

ReputationRep:
    There are 27 from buyers, the most recent being from 25th of may, all positive.

ReputationRep:
    So I should buy it? I just thought all sellers was a bit unusual, most others for anyone else are from buyers. I'll buy it then.

ReputationRep:
    yeah go for it!!! Whats the worst that could happen?

ReputationRep:
    The worst that could happen is the item could be lost and I wouldn't be refunded. That reminded me: does the seller get your shipping details automatically or do I have to give them to him/her? One person I bought a DVD off didn't ask for my shipping info and I got the DVD. Another seller (a company) asked me for my shipping details, so how does it work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logingone.wrong)
    The worst that could happen is the item could be lost and I wouldn't be refunded. That reminded me: does the seller get your shipping details automatically or do I have to give them to him/her? One person I bought a DVD off didn't ask for my shipping info and I got the DVD. Another seller (a company) asked me for my shipping details, so how does it work?
    They should get the ones you gave to ebay when you win the auction.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The worst that could happen is the item could be lost and I wouldn't be refunded.
    thats not too bad, you gain more by having the dvd, and you can give them bad rep, but s/he has so much good rep, I doubt they'll be bad

ReputationRep:
    If you pay with PayPal then you can make a claim against the seller if the item does not arrive. They will look into it and you may get a refund.

And if you use a Credit Card to fund your PayPal payment, then if PayPal do not refund you then you can do a chargeback via your Credit Card company.

eBay provide Help boards if anything does go wrong - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/community/chat/index.html

99.5% of eBay transactions are happy ones. Usually only things go wrong when people go for auctions that are too good to be true.

Happy eBaying!

ReputationRep:
    Good, I'm using my mum's credit card. I've just spent another $10 on a man of la mancha dvd without shipping. I owe her about £15 now and £8 from another DVD I bought before but I can just about pay it with what I've got upstairs. The madness must stop!

ReputationRep:
    Good, I'm using my mum's credit card. I've just spent another $10 on a man of la mancha dvd without shipping. I owe her about £15 now and £8 from another DVD I bought before but I can just about pay it with what I've got upstairs. The madness must stop!
    E-bay is strangely addictive, Ive also been buying lots of stuff on there recently..

ReputationRep:
    ask the guy to for insurance, which you will pay extra this means any damage to the cd+dvd will have to be pay for therefor replace

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.