Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So for most of my exams you have to answer every question to get a B. I'm quite an anxious person and there is a lot to know so I'm scared I'll forget. If I forget the answer to a question during my exam, what do you think is the best thing to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigayle_aloud)
    So for most of my exams you have to answer every question to get a B. I'm quite an anxious person and there is a lot to know so I'm scared I'll forget. If I forget the answer to a question during my exam, what do you think is the best thing to do?
    I found that the best thing to do if I didn't know an answer, was to mark the question with a little star so I could find it again easily, and move on to the next question. Doing this stops you wasting exam time, and also forces your brain to think about the next question instead, preventing you from getting anxious about the one you couldn't answer. If there's time at the end of the exam, then you can go back and have another look at the questions you starred

ReputationRep:
    Panic and make it up seems to be the best option since there's really nothing else you can do

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, this is me at the moment. I'm just praying to God my father for help- I feel like crying right now. For law unit 1 I've studied so hard, writing essays upon essays however I seem to forget important things such as dates and the name of cases which could push my grades to an A which I need in unit 1 because my unit 2 at the moment is very week It's driving me nuts. Screw exams, they seem not be for me but yet again I should have started from the very first day of school 1st September. I wish you the best my dear- you seem to know your stuff so try not to worry.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I note you were kind enough to post notes for other people.

1. As leviathan said make a note, realise you dont know and then move onto other questions for which you do know the answers.

2. Return when you have completed the other questions. its importnat to have left the right amount of time originally allocated to the question. You might also want to make a few notes about possible answers, so you ahve soemthing to work on when you get back.

3. When you return and you have nothing to lose, then if you still feel unsure, just go for it. read the question and just use some common sense to get the basic marks. Be sure to answer the question, keep it logical and ry and make a point each sentence. It just requires a bit of focus. It will help if youve spent a few minutes planning it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.