Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

INTERNAL SCREAMING! Aqa Sociology Education Tomorrow! watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone just give me some last minute tips? How do you answer the 6 markers specifically (have seen things of people saying just bullet point, or should I explain each point?)

Also, should I put an introduction to my 20 mk methods in context question? My teacher said I don't need to and to just go straight in with the first paragraph.

And is anyone else finding it stressful that we don't have past papers but just the two specs? I feel like I haven't been able to practice enough!

ReputationRep:
    I've been told to put an introduction? Now I'm stressing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy561)
    I've been told to put an introduction? Now I'm stressing!!
    I wrote an intro and when my teacher marked it she put brackets around it and wrote in big letters "DON'T NEED THIS". And then she drew an arrow to where my first paragraph started and wrote "start here!".

ReputationRep:
    In your introduction explain what the method is and state 2-3 strengths and limitations that you then go on to explain in your essay (link to the context - use the item) try to ground it with some theory ie preferred by interpretivists/positivists. Then develope your points and link to the context throughout.
    Include practical, ethical and theoretical factors (PET) the add in validity, reliability and representativeness. But always ground it in the context. You can do this by linking at the end of each paragraph. This would be useful/ not useful for studying (context)
    If you get stuck do the strengths and weaknesses and link to education in general

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.