Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
Again, perfect. What are you aiming for tomorrow? :biggrin:

I'm aiming to make the examiner like me :P
And get A*
Measles, mumps and rubella

Correct again :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Elleee1234
well im doing foundation as i havent been peforming well in the mocks however i have 2 A's in my coursework so i aiming for high D in all exams what about you?

A* :biggrin:
Original post by IAmAnTroll
I'm aiming to make the examiner like me :P
And get A*

Same. I'm learning like random Biology things just to slip in. :biggrin:
A* :biggrin:

Good luck then :smile:
Correct again :smile: :smile: :smile:

:biggrin:
Good luck then :smile:

Thanks, and to you too. :smile:
Q: Describe how tissue culture is used to clone plants. (2 marks)
What is Antibiotic resistance? Why is it a problem?
Q: Describe how tissue culture is used to clone plants. (2 marks)

1. Tissue sample scrapped from parent plant.
2. Tissue sample placed in Agar growth medium containing nutrients and hormones.
3. Samples developed into tiny plantlets.
4. Plantlets placed into compost.
What is Antibiotic resistance? Why is it a problem?

Mutations of a pathogen can produce new strains. These strains can be resistant to the antiobiotic. When the antibiotic is applied the non-resistant pathogens are killed and the resistant pathogens survive, reproduce and produce a whole population of antiobiotic-resistance pathogens. It is a problem because overuse of a particular antiobiotic can make the pathogens that the antiobiotic is trying to destroy resistant, so the antibiotic will no longer have any use in terms of killing that pathogen and therefore an alternative antiobiotic must be found which requires scientific research and is expensive.
Mutations of a pathogen can produce new strains. These strains can be resistant to the antiobiotic. When the antibiotic is applied the non-resistant pathogens are killed and the resistant pathogens survive, reproduce and produce a whole population of antiobiotic-resistance pathogens. It is a problem because overuse of a particular antiobiotic can make the pathogens that the antiobiotic is trying to destroy resistant, so the antibiotic will no longer have any use in terms of killing that pathogen.

Perfect. :biggrin:
FSH is produced in the pituitary gland and matures the egg and stimulates the production of LH

Q: Explain how phototropism and geotropism work in plants (6 marks)

Phototropism - Auxins are prduced into the tip of the shoot they defuse down the the shoot and the side at which is facing the sun, there auxins are broken down. The shady side auxins stimulate growth causing the shoot to bend towards the light.

Gravitropism - roots produce auxins which are sensitive to gravity, the auxins build up at the side at which gravity pulls down. This stimulated growth on the opposite side of the plant causing it to grow down

Q what are the advantages and disadvantages of gm 6 marks
How does the synapse work?
Original post by Londonsfalling
Can someone please clearly outline what each of these hormones do:
- FSH
- Oestrogen
- LH
- Progesterone

In as much detail as possible because some places claim that the hormones do the same thing like LH and oestrogen apparently release the mature egg. Which one really does it?!! Also if oestrogen is supposed to limit FSH production then why in my graph does FSH reach its peak at the same time as oestrogen? They appear to mirror each other not stimulate or inhibit each other.

FSH: Mature the egg and stimulates the production of oestrogen. FSH is found in the pituitary gland.
Oestrogen: Thickens the lining of the womb/uterus. Stimulates the production of LH and inhibits the production FSH. Oestrogen is found in the ovaries.
LH: Released the matured egg. LH is secreted in the pituitary gland (same as FSH).
Progesterone: Triggers the lining of the womb to accept the egg. Prohibits muscle contraption in the uterus. Is secreted by the corpus lutuem.
Original post by JustasB
FSH: Mature the egg and stimulates the production of oestrogen. FSH is found in the pituitary gland.
Oestrogen: Thickens the lining of the womb/uterus. Stimulates the production of LH and inhibits the production FSH. Oestrogen is found in the ovaries.
LH: Released the matured egg. LH is secreted in the pituitary gland (same as FSH).
Progesterone: Triggers the lining of the womb to accept the egg. Prohibits muscle contraption in the uterus. Is secreted by the corpus lutuem.

Yep. :biggrin:
[QUOTE=Progesterone: Triggers the lining of the womb to accept the egg. Prohibits muscle contraption in the uterus. Is secreted by the corpus lutuem.

Do we need to know that its secreted by the corpus lutuem and prohibits muscle contraption. Never learnt this.
Original post by georgiaesmehare
The rate in which chemical processes occur in the body

Perfect :biggrin:
Do we need to know that its secreted by the corpus lutuem and prohibits muscle contraption. Never learnt this.

It's not on the AQA spec, but it makes the examiner think you know your s**t. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending