Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and my boyfriend came back from the holidays and he started acting weird and different ,then after a week ,he told me he likes someone els ,and he ended our relationship but he said he still wants us to be friends ,but it's hard seeing him with the new girl everyday cause we basically live together ,well of coarse with other people ,but it's awkward ,how do I get over him ?

ReputationRep:
    give it time, you'll get over him and find someone who deserves you and will really like you! He isn't worth it if he can lose his feelings that fast and get together with someone else so fast x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I'd cut him out. He thinks he can just replace you like that? Nope. I'd be angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I'd cut him out. He thinks he can just replace you like that? Nope. I'd be angry.
    🙃😋😂that's cute ...but I had to try and understand his point ,I was angry at first but now I feel like it was useless ,can't be angry at him for liking someone ,and I would rather have this than have him pretend every time he's with me 🙂I will eventually get over it 🙏🏽
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Skye_nas)
    So me and my boyfriend came back from the holidays and he started acting weird and different ,then after a week ,he told me he likes someone els ,and he ended our relationship but he said he still wants us to be friends ,but it's hard seeing him with the new girl everyday cause we basically live together ,well of coarse with other people ,but it's awkward ,how do I get over him ?
    I couldn't be friends with an ex, you deserve better than that. I would cut him off soon as you can.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Hard when she has to live with him.
    Can't you live somewhere else? So you don't have to see him all the time he should have some respect instead of flaunting the new girl in front of you after just breaking up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    ^ Hard when she has to live with him.
    Can't you live somewhere else? So you don't have to see him all the time he should have some respect instead of flaunting the new girl in front of you after just breaking up.
    No ,unfortunately I can only leave this place in 5 months so I have to deal with it ...gotta see them everyday ,and the hard part is she's a friend

ReputationRep:
    🙃😋😂that's cute ...but I had to try and understand his point ,I was angry at first but now I feel like it was useless ,can't be angry at him for liking someone ,and I would rather have this than have him pretend every time he's with me 🙂I will eventually get over it 🙏🏽
    Wow! I'm just going to say I think your attitude is amazing! (in a good way ) Your attitude is going to be what gets you through this and in the end it will by your ex's loss. Seriously. Fine, people move on and it can happen that they start liking someone else but to be living together (even if other people are there too) and break up and start seeing a friend of yours without letting a significant amount of time pass before bringing her around is just, frankly, rude and thoughtless - on both of their parts. You saying that you can't be angry and are trying to understand his point is admirable - and will serve you well - but they are still being rude to you and certainly not trying to understand your point. Not sure there is an easy solution here but try to keep your distance and your positive attitude. I hope you have you're own room there. When they come around then just go to your room and if he always has her there then you are going to have to talk to him. Five months will actually go by relatively quickly and you can leave both behind. Time will heal these wounds and you have been wounded by both of them so don't deny yourself the right to feel that way. Best of Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, awkward ==

Sorry that you're in this situation. I guess the best thing that you can do is to just deal with it until you can move away.

ReputationRep:
    No ,unfortunately I can only leave this place in 5 months so I have to deal with it ...gotta see them everyday ,and the hard part is she's a friend
    Omg how awkward is that he moved on to your friend! Both of them are jerks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Wow! I'm just going to say I think your attitude is amazing! (in a good way ) Your attitude is going to be what gets you through this and in the end it will by your ex's loss. Seriously. Fine, people move on and it can happen that they start liking someone else but to be living together (even if other people are there too) and break up and start seeing a friend of yours without letting a significant amount of time pass before bringing her around is just, frankly, rude and thoughtless - on both of their parts. You saying that you can't be angry and are trying to understand his point is admirable - and will serve you well - but they are still being rude to you and certainly not trying to understand your point. Not sure there is an easy solution here but try to keep your distance and your positive attitude. I hope you have you're own room there. When they come around then just go to your room and if he always has her there then you are going to have to talk to him. Five months will actually go by relatively quickly and you can leave both behind. Time will heal these wounds and you have been wounded by both of them so don't deny yourself the right to feel that way. Best of Luck!
    Awwwwww thank you 😳😋I appreciate it ,it's people like you that pushes me to be stronger ,thanks for that ...honestly ,it's working out just fine ,I just mind my own business ,and don't let it bother me ...they probably want to be happy ,so they probably don't care about what they do in front of me ...but like you said "Time will heal " so I gotta take it one step at a time ,there's no other way

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.