why is there no thread
the exam is tomorrow
I rely on tsr to decide what to revise last minute with your predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparadrap2106
why is there no thread
the exam is tomorrow
I rely on tsr to decide what to revise last minute with your predictions

I've got this tomorrow aswell, any predictions anyone???
I have it too and I'm so worried! What's everyone's strengths and weaknesses?
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I really don't think trying to predict topics/questions is a good idea (I did that for the G1 exam when I re-took the G1 module last year as I was short of time to revise, and I was wrong, so therefore completely unprepared! I still got an A somehow, but it was definitely not worth the stress! :tongue:).

However, to answer your question, last year the G1 paper had tectonics on it, so it's possible that rivers is slightly more likely to come up this time. But again, that is purely a guess!

I sat G1 last year and agree that rivers are more likely to come up as I noticed that WJEC tend to alternate between tectonics/hydro. Good luck!
Original post by DBR247
I sat G1 last year and agree that rivers are more likely to come up as I noticed that WJEC tend to alternate between tectonics/hydro. Good luck!

How did you find that exam? :smile:
Reply 5
I have it too tomorrow, eeeek
Original post by Nightice17

I definitely started revising too late and I haven't started g2:frown: but for g1 I think river management is something I need to go over, and I'm not keen on the climate change theme at all so I'll have a stressful night:tongue: how about you?
Reply 7
Original post by DBR247

Yeah, 2014 and 2015 had tectonics :redface: I'm not good at hydrology!
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I really don't think trying to predict topics/questions is a good idea (I did that for the G1 exam when I re-took the G1 module last year as I was short of time to revise, and I was wrong, so therefore completely unprepared! I still got an A somehow, but it was definitely not worth the stress! ).

However, to answer your question, last year the G1 paper had tectonics on it, so it's possible that rivers is slightly more likely to come up this time. But again, that is purely a guess!

I clicked delete post when I didn't mean to, if you're wondering why it disappeared :colondollar:
Reply 9
How did you find that exam? :smile:

I did much better in G1 than I did in G2. I find it easier to directly answer the question with physical Geog. The tectonics section was fine just labelling and explaining the formation of the Mid Atlantic Ridge which I find no problem as it's just memorising, I find it the same at A2. I bet they will be looking for up to date knowledge of rivers and flooding especially given the recent events!

Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by Nightice17

I have learned Climate change really well - as it's guaranteed to come up! Hydrology and the skills question is just an eh, for me :/
Original post by DBR247
I did much better in G1 than I did in G2. I find it easier to directly answer the question with physical Geog. The tectonics section was fine just labelling and explaining the formation of the Mid Atlantic Ridge which I find no problem as it's just memorising, I find it the same at A2. I bet they will be looking for up to date knowledge of rivers and flooding especially given the recent events!

Good luck!

I agree, physical geography makes more sense to me than the human geography, plus I personally find the physical side much more interesting. I'm so glad I completed my Geography A Level last year though, it sucked the soul out of me towards the end!
Reply 12
I agree, physical geography makes more sense to me than the human geography, plus I personally find the physical side much more interesting. I'm so glad I completed my Geography A Level last year though, it sucked the soul out of me towards the end!

Fair enough, I bet it was a relief to complete it! Did you find G3 or G4 more difficult?
Original post by DBR247
Fair enough, I bet it was a relief to complete it! Did you find G3 or G4 more difficult?

It was! G4 was definitely harder for me. We had to rush through a lot of it, and I couldn't find many resources for it. I tried to use the official G4 revision guide book, but that seemed to be mostly factual/case study-based, rather than theoretical, if that make sense? Like it would've been good if I wanted to supplement my class notes, but I didn't really have many class notes to begin with, especially for sustainable cities!
Reply 14
It was! G4 was definitely harder for me. We had to rush through a lot of it, and I couldn't find many resources for it. I tried to use the official G4 revision guide book, but that seemed to be mostly factual/case study-based, rather than theoretical, if that make sense? Like it would've been good if I wanted to supplement my class notes, but I didn't really have many class notes to begin with, especially for sustainable cities!

Thank you. That's a great help!
Original post by DBR247
Thank you. That's a great help!

Really? Why? :colondollar:
Reply 16
Really? Why? :colondollar:

It's interesting that you say it would have been beneficial to learn all the supplementary material for G4.
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I really don't think trying to predict topics/questions is a good idea (I did that for the G1 exam when I re-took the G1 module last year as I was short of time to revise, and I was wrong, so therefore completely unprepared! I still got an A somehow, but it was definitely not worth the stress! ).

I clicked delete post when I didn't mean to, if you're wondering why it disappeared :colondollar:

I know predicting isn't the best but I'm struggling to decide what to revise more and I've been concentrating more on tectonics because I prefer it:tongue:
Original post by DBR247
It's interesting that you say it would have been beneficial to learn all the supplementary material for G4.

Yeah, using case studies and examples helps you gain a lot of marks! Another tip (which you probably already know) - make sure to explain any key terms you use (you don't get marks just for using them, you need to say what they mean too) :smile:
update: given up with g1 revision, watching an al gore documentary as 'climate change revision'

Quick Reply

Latest