Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got to know this girl through a study group and I feel like I'm getting some sort of feelings for her. However, a few months ago I was interested in one of her close friends who, it turns out, wasn't interested in me.

What do I do? The feelings I have for this current girl aren't definite, so is it worth trying to make a move? Also, would it be awkward as I used to like her friend? At the minute I feel like there's not much point pursuing her because it's almost the end of the academic year and after that I'll never see her again.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    But if you peruse it, then you will meet up and see her again (providing it works out). I would say get to know her a bit longer, as sometimes feelings can change... But time is an issue. Maybe ask if she'd like to come and watch a movie with you (maybe a few others aswell) or something.... Just as friends... To get to know each other out of a classroom situation. Then take it from there. If you're still unsure I'd say give it a go, you have nothing to loose is she says no and you're not going to see her again anyway!!
    Good luck xx 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got to know this girl through a study group and I feel like I'm getting some sort of feelings for her. However, a few months ago I was interested in one of her close friends who, it turns out, wasn't interested in me.

What do I do? The feelings I have for this current girl aren't definite, so is it worth trying to make a move? Also, would it be awkward as I used to like her friend? At the minute I feel like there's not much point pursuing her because it's almost the end of the academic year and after that I'll never see her again.

Thanks
    I would'nt just give up because if she likes you, you'll stay in touch and see each other often so it's worth a try. If it goes wrong, you wont see her again anyway so you might as well. As for her friend, that could be a slight issue but since it was quite a while ago and it wasn't a relationship I don't think she'll mind.

So you may as well make a move because you have nothing to lose

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.