The Student Room Group

Clearing- is it worth the risk?

Hi,

Through a combination of my own stupidity and making my uni decisions at 1am Ive mamaged to mess up my UCAS application.

I received an unconditional from a uni that required me to place them as my firm choice to receive the offer and (of course) be accepted into that uni. Over the months of visiting open days and visit days I decided that the unconditional uni wasn't my realistic first choice and Id rather go to amother uni that offered me a conditional. I tried (and failed) play the system by putting the unconditional uni as my firm and the conditional as my insurance without reading the UCAS policy for unconditional offers that means I HAVE to attend my unconditional or not make the grade (impossible considering its an unconditional.)

I would have to remove myself from attending the unconditional and put myself in clearing, but at this point its unknown whether the conditional course will be put on the vacancy list and even I don't know whether I'll make the cut during the clearing interview, meaning I'd probably have to take the year out and get a job.

Basically, I have an unconditional offer; should I risk removing myself from it or should I keep to it? Bear in mind that these are two different courses, Design Engineering and Civil Engineering so the stress is real right now.
Do you 100% want to go to where you have a place at or not? If not then go into clearing.
I'm happy to study at my unconditional but I worry if I'll be happier studying Design Engineering if I suceed at clearing. I definitely want to mold a career out of design in some way and Civil Engineering does have that option... I just don't want to regret anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending