Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im so nervous and screwed for this exam, whats weird is I am fine at analysing unseen poems but I have no idea on how to compare two poems im literally dead its stressing me out so much

please can somebody help me my teachers is not help.

what is a good structure to use and how much should I write? (edexcel lit)
    please somebody help me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the grammar error about teachers i was in a rush and was and im typing on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my class we are taught to structure our poetry comparisons with the annogram 'TEWAC'.
    Technique/terminology
    Evidence
    Words from the question
    Analysis (speculate if you can)
    Comparison
    I usually write 6 of these paragraphs altogether, an introduction, a paragraph about the structure of the poem and a brief conclusion.
    If you use this sort structure and know the poems you are writing about then I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck, I bet you'll do better then you think! 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennykate2000)
    In my class we are taught to structure our poetry comparisons with the annogram 'TEWAC'.
    Technique/terminology
    Evidence
    Words from the question
    Comparison
    I usually write 6 of these paragraphs altogether, an introduction, a paragraph about the structure of the poem and a brief conclusion.
    If you use this sort structure and know the poems you are writing about then I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck, I bet you'll do better then you think! 😊
    What should I write in the intro?? 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    What should I write in the intro?? 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always say what the poem is about and write a brief analysis of the title, it doesn't have to be much, i think it's just to show the examiner that you understand the poem as a whole 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennykate2000)
    Technique/terminology
    Evidence
    Words from the question
    Comparison
    im still stuck 😭. In the technique part do i write a common feature in both poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    im still stuck 😭. In the technique part do i write a common feature in both poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you can then do, but if not then I don't think it matters as long as you answer the question through analysing the language somehow! It's a really hard exam so just try your best!

ReputationRep:
    you will fail

ReputationRep:
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.