Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Visiting Reykjavik watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Was wondering if those of you who have been to Reykjavik would be able to help.

In a few weeks, I'm going to Canada and have an overnight stopover in Reykjavik. I land late at night and my onward flight leaves at about 3pm the next afternoon. Basically this means I have a morning to kill in the city. It doesn't leave me enough time to be heading out to see the waterfalls and other natural scenery etc that I'd really like to, so I was wondering what people would recommend to see in the city itself bearing in mind I only have a few hours!

Thanks in advance for any help!

ReputationRep:
    The city is a gem, very compact and loads to do, take a trip to the main church in the centre and go up to the viewing platform, you get stunning views of the city, harbor and the mountains beyond.

Also just wonder around the old town, it is a typical scandi town, with some fantastic art instillation's from murals on walls, to random sculptures.

The food is great too, there are some great fish and chips in the old harbor or for a bargain meal have a hot dog from the small hut near the indoor market, one of the best I have ever had! lamb I believe! Make sure its the one by the indoor market though there are some poor imitations near buy.

You could also walk by the lake, or if the weather is a little wet and chilly there is the whaling museum or modern art gallery. Its a fab city one of my favourties no bigger than a small town but with loads to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comedy)
    The city is a gem, very compact and loads to do, take a trip to the main church in the centre and go up to the viewing platform, you get stunning views of the city, harbor and the mountains beyond.

Also just wonder around the old town, it is a typical scandi town, with some fantastic art instillation's from murals on walls, to random sculptures.

The food is great too, there are some great fish and chips in the old harbor or for a bargain meal have a hot dog from the small hut near the indoor market, one of the best I have ever had! lamb I believe! Make sure its the one by the indoor market though there are some poor imitations near buy.

You could also walk by the lake, or if the weather is a little wet and chilly there is the whaling museum or modern art gallery. Its a fab city one of my favourties no bigger than a small town but with loads to do.
    Thanks for your help! Yeah, I've heard about the hot dogs: hoping to get the chance to try one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal_eagle2012)
    Thanks for your help! Yeah, I've heard about the hot dogs: hoping to get the chance to try one!
    No problem, have fun.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.