Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am nearly 29, my brother is getting married next year. I just feel so lonely. I don't really have friends so never go out. How can I find love?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not as old as you (nearly 17), but I sort of have the same feeling. Although obviously I'm nowhere near as exasperated as you. I've had crushes on boys in school ever since I can remember, but NEVER EVER EVER had the slightest bit of interest, and sometimes it really frustrates me. Also like you, I don't really have friends... Well there's people that I hang out with in school and get along with, but I've never had a best friend, or properly been included in a group.
    And to make chances even smaller, I now go to an all girls school... Which means I haven't even seen a boy for quite a long time now!

Maybe you could find a hobby and join a local club, and make some friends that way? I don't really know... I suppose love is something that just happens randomly, but we can increase the chances. I hope you find love soon, or at least feel less lonely... Maybe you'll meet someone at your brothers wedding?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    Maybe you could find a hobby and join a local club, and make some friends that way?
    Very much what Skipper12345 said; you need to find opportunities in order to increase your chances of finding someone.

What do you do?
    What could you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    I'm not as old as you (nearly 17), but I sort of have the same feeling. Although obviously I'm nowhere near as exasperated as you. I've had crushes on boys in school ever since I can remember, but NEVER EVER EVER had the slightest bit of interest, and sometimes it really frustrates me. Also like you, I don't really have friends... Well there's people that I hang out with in school and get along with, but I've never had a best friend, or properly been included in a group.
    And to make chances even smaller, I now go to an all girls school... Which means I haven't even seen a boy for quite a long time now!

Maybe you could find a hobby and join a local club, and make some friends that way? I don't really know... I suppose love is something that just happens randomly, but we can increase the chances. I hope you find love soon, or at least feel less lonely... Maybe you'll meet someone at your brothers wedding?!
    How do you even know the word exasperated as a 17 year old? I never even heard of it until now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Very much what Skipper12345 said; you need to find opportunities in order to increase your chances of finding someone.

What do you do?
    What could you do?
    I've seen you on numerous of posts. You seem like a very nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want it, it'll happen! Don't give up hope! You need to put yourself out there and meet people, get involved in activities you enjoy and move out of your comfort zone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    I've seen you on numerous of posts. You seem like a very nice guy.
    Appreciate the compliment, but let's not distract from the OP's thread.

Since I'm posting here again...

At the end of the day you need to find opportunities to broaden the chances of you finding someone. I work a few different jobs, and it's put me in contact with a lot of people; without that initiative to start working these positions, I would never have met these people. Sure, they're not close friends, but it's another way of putting myself out there and developing social skills, contacts etc.

This is what you should be doing.

Since you're on a student forum, I assume you are a student. Societies...join them. Events...go to them. Volunteer...do it. If something takes just a little bit of your fancy, try it out then try it out some more. I used to be dreadful for not pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and now I'm doing the opposite by pushing myself to the extreme; you can do it too, my friend, and you will meet plenty of people along the way!

ReputationRep:
    tinder? I get no matches so Im going to try out asiandating.com. its my last chance

why didnt you try hard looking for love at 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)

What do you do?
    What could you do?
    my best friend got her boyfriend from a club they did together, they were both into yugioh and would go to a yugioh club. then they started dating when she was 17 and he was 23 i think... @[email protected] but im happy for them, its nearly been 2 years now

ReputationRep:
    richard i understand the feeling, well except i was too desprate last year and i ended up dating 3 online people without getting to really know them ( i was just too happy that i got asked out) and i dated one guy irl but i only dated him because i though just because he wanted to kiss me that means he wants to date me XDDD its best to let it naturally happen, try to get to know people and it'll develop in time (i read too much romance stories) btw im only 19 but i feel so old because i didnt get into a relationship until i was 18 while most people would be in relationships at 15 @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will!

Just because it isn't happening now doesnt mean it will NEVER happen. Love is weird and it happens at the weirdest times and its very unpredictable.

My advice would be to just put yourself out there a little bit more, smile at everybody, say hi to people in the streets, if you go out to a bar or something and see someone on their own go over and say hi and introduce yourself. Sometimes it will just happen but most of the time you have to be willing to put the effort in.

But you'll find it, i promise

ReputationRep:
    That is great advice and I feel the same! Year 11 has ended and I have liked this boy for nearly 3 years and he doesn't know. I don't have the guts to tell him. There are other girls who like him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.