The Student Room Group

Biology exam tomorrow gcse

Can someone give me some help on synapses and reflexes
You mean the reflex action?
When the receptors detect stimuli, the electrical impulse passes along the sensory neuron across a synapse in the CNS, whit is transmitted across the synapse by chemicals, it passes onto the delay neuron and then across another synapse, before passing to the motor neuron where the effector will receive it and create a response!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Megan.Rose..
You mean the reflex action?
When the receptors detect stimuli, the electrical impulse passes along the sensory neuron across a synapse in the CNS, whit is transmitted across the synapse by chemicals, it passes onto the delay neuron and then across another synapse, before passing to the motor neuron where the effector will receive it and create a response!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! What about the menstrual cycle. Can I just have the main bits please!!
Reply 3
Synapse is the distance between two neurones

Reflex:

Receptors in the skin detect the stimulus and send an electrical impulse along the sensory neurone. Chemicals are released and are diffused across the gap (synapse) and attach onto the next neurone. The impulse is sent along the motor neurone via synapse till it reaches the muscle and it contracts (response)
Reply 4
Also I need the main bits about cloning and genetic engineering, don't worry about gm crops though!
Reply 5
Original post by Vikkstar123
Also I need the main bits about cloning and genetic engineering, don't worry about gm crops though!

genetic engeneering cut desirable gene and cut plasmid using restriction enzyme. The cut plasmid is now a vector. Stitch desirable gene into vector using ligase. Now you need to multiply the genetically engeneered thing do this by putting it into something such as a bioreactor/fermenter

Hope that helps for genetic engeneering
Reply 6
thats what we have to learn for CIE IGCSe biology

Quick Reply

Latest