Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160516_222511-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  184.3 KB
    I was going through a workbook for igcse biology and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or if Malcolm can't possibly be Susan's child - he is unaffected homozygous but he must have been passed on one of Susan's f genes, not two F genes? I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or the workbook has? Does anyone know? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelanor)
    Name:  20160516_222511-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  184.3 KB
    I was going through a workbook for igcse biology and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or if Malcolm can't possibly be Susan's child - he is unaffected homozygous but he must have been passed on one of Susan's f genes, not two F genes? I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or the workbook has? Does anyone know? Thanks.
    All the kids are Ff which means all the kids are carriers of the disease. I think the book made a mistake because there is no way Malcolm can be FF. Malcolm would have only been FF if Susan was a carrier with Ff instead ff.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.