The Student Room Group

Geography Unit 1 TNC question

can you give me reasons on why some people do not benefit from the growth of TNCs?

I have a few like .. TNCs exploit labour as they operate freely in LEDCs where unions are repressed. Also LDCs might not benefit due to economic leakage as the money made is just sent back. Lastly TNCs grow but some regions are left out so won't get to experience the benefits like provision of jobs.

Need around 2 more incase it comes up as a 15 marker, please help?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Depending on the type of company, the TNC may look for skilled workers,so then the less skilled would not get the opportunity for formal employment.

TNCs may out-compete local/small businesses in the area who find it harder to establish themselves, and as a result local businesses may go out of business.

Hope that helps.😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Dottymoo6
Depending on the type of company, the TNC may look for skilled workers,so then the less skilled would not get the opportunity for formal employment.

TNCs may out-compete local/small businesses in the area who find it harder to establish themselves, and as a result local businesses may go out of business.

Hope that helps.😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't get to see this in time, already had my exam aha and it went really well, did you have an exam? if so how was it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending