Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it just in my head or is it for real .!fitness Q watch

I feel like whenever I stop working out (weight lifting) for a "short" period of time I feel like my body deflates and my tone goes away- my body feels like overall **** and I feel like my body looks like ****. Is it real or in my head?

I know it happen if you go on a long period without working but can a short period really mess you up? Should I take in more protein to save my muscles? Could it be because of my diet? It's mostly veggies, fruits and breads I don't eat meat. I stopped drinking protein shakes- does it matter that much or do I need it to persevere my muscles?

How do people do this without going insane yes they body is worth it but idk if it's worth your sanity.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    I always maintain a high protein diet when I'm inactive. I hardly trained between xmas and May, only lost a bit of muscle. Been back in the gym for 2-3 weeks now and I'm almost back to my biggest already.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.