username2174765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Feeling confident for today? Anyone think they know what the 6 markers could be? I'm guessing nitrogen cycle for one
Shaudi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i dont think it can be nitrogen cycle because specifications mentioned that it was a paper 2 topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
studentlife444
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Confident, no but I'm well prepared. I think nitrogen cycle too and maybe recycling as it's never really come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
L0st45
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm predicting:

Nitrogen Cycle for six marker.
Pathogens and infection for six marker.

Could be wrong but pathogen and infection rarely ever get mentioned in the exam paper.
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shaudi)
i dont think it can be nitrogen cycle because specifications mentioned that it was a paper 2 topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
B2? Nitrogen Cycle is the last page of B1! Trust me!
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by studentlife444)
Confident, no but I'm well prepared. I think nitrogen cycle too and maybe recycling as it's never really come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a good point everyone i've spoken to thinks nitrogen cycle for a 6 marker! Which is good as the nitrogen cycle is quite nice and easy, what about for C1?
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by L0st45)
I'm predicting:

Nitrogen Cycle for six marker.
Pathogens and infection for six marker.

Could be wrong but pathogen and infection rarely ever get mentioned in the exam paper.
That's a really good point, I could imagine them asking about the 6 ways diseases can be transmitted and an example-that would be quite a nice 6 marker as theres not much to say
bethanngreen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shaudi)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you do AQA per chance? I've seen a lot of AQA people say nitrogen cycle isn't on this paper but it's on the Edexcel B1 paper
L0st45
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chrlhyms)
That's a really good point, I could imagine them asking about the 6 ways diseases can be transmitted and an example-that would be quite a nice 6 marker as theres not much to say
It would be lush wouldn't it. I reckon they'd be quite harsh with that six-marker though, I reckon they'd want you to name each bacterium, fungus and virus for each way the disease can be spread (i.e direct contact, such as the pathogen athlete's foot fungus) fingers crossed that's the six marker though!

Alternatively I reckon they'd ask about drugs and their effects on the CNS - drugs hasn't ever really been a six marker in itself, it hasn't been the focus of six marker before.
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by bethanngreen)
Do you do AQA per chance? I've seen a lot of AQA people say nitrogen cycle isn't on this paper but it's on the Edexcel B1 paper
Yeah! I do Edexcel, this is the Edexcel B1 thread! ahah
username2174765
Rep:
?
It would be lush wouldn't it. I reckon they'd be quite harsh with that six-marker though, I reckon they'd want you to name each bacterium, fungus and virus for each way the disease can be spread (i.e direct contact, such as the pathogen athlete's foot fungus) fingers crossed that's the six marker though!

Alternatively I reckon they'd ask about drugs and their effects on the CNS - drugs hasn't ever really been a six marker in itself, it hasn't been the focus of six marker before.
Could be actually, the little you have to talk about the better as there is less on the markscheme which is better-so stumulants, deppressants, pain relievers and halluciogens? yeah you could name an example and then describe their effect (caffine, alcohol, morphine, LSD)
L0st45
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could be actually, the little you have to talk about the better as there is less on the markscheme which is better-so stumulants, deppressants, pain relievers and halluciogens? yeah you could name an example and then describe their effect (caffine, alcohol, morphine, LSD)
Yeah, what you just said. Good luck with your exam today, fingers crossed there isn't much on binomial classification or phototropism (haha!).
username2174765
Rep:
?
Yeah, what you just said. Good luck with your exam today, fingers crossed there isn't much on binomial classification or phototropism (haha!).
you too! Good luck!
Shaudi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How was the paper??

Posted from TSR Mobile
urasab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As of now, 2:04pm, they should be in the exam hall. It might be late, but good luck to you all.
username2174765
Rep:
?
That exam was incredible!
LemonSeed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That was all so easy. I knew everything, the only way I might slip up is due to exam technique but in general I think I did well. And that Binomial Name question though xD
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by LemonSeed)
That was all so easy. I knew everything, the only way I might slip up is due to exam technique but in general I think I did well. And that Binomial Name question though xD
I don't think i made any mistakes but i forgot to say vasoconstriction on the blood vessels question, was it a 2 mark or 3 mark?
Bianca 16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i don't think i made any mistakes but i forgot to say vasoconstriction on the blood vessels question, was it a 2 mark or 3 mark?
it was definitely a 3 marker
username2174765
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bianca 16)
it was definitely a 3 marker
could i still get 3 marks without specifically saying vasoconstriction?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.56%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.57%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.39%

Watched Threads