Turn on thread page Beta

New here... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    the british were the ones who went there...

yes, so? we could hardly have slaughtered them on a scale as which the Americans did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    It's all lies, don't believe anything the books say.

Lol, they were actually more favourable to the Native Americans if that's what you mean ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    yes, so? we could hardly have slaughtered them on a scale as which the Americans did
    lol, my point was that its hard to say which one they "prefer". coz americans are british who went there...as far as i know.

so they might say its the british's fault...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Sorry, I didn't understand the last part of that sentence. Please could you explain.

I presume w/yo meant "with you" ?

If so: Exams went well (I hope), should meet my predicted grades I believe, fingers crossed.

Good Luck with yours.
    ahh tis bono...my humblest apologises as a newbie....

ReputationRep:
    lol, my point was that its hard to say which one they "prefer". coz americans are british who went there...as far as i know.

so they might say its the british's fault...
    lol....well maybe, but after the 1783 split, the Americans commited genocide on a massive scale

ReputationRep:
    lol....well maybe, but after the 1783 split, the Americans commited genocide on a massive scale
    erm...u sure?

ReputationRep:
    bono why were you banned?

ReputationRep:
    aah native American, well my history also differs from the textbooks as i am only interested in the British and Loyalist side of the Revolution, you must appreciate the British more than the Americans? as we gave you sanctity in Canada and much better treatment than Genereal Custer and the Americans
    Well I believe whats done is done, it's in the past, and hopefully we can all learn from the mistakes that were made. But I wish they would get things straight in the damn books for once, for instance my people never scalped anyone yet they still make that claim in the books. I really wouldn't say I appreciate one more than the other, as I am an american, and the people responsible for what happened are all dead and gone. **** don't even get me started on Custer. <cough> ******* <cough> Soz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    erm...u sure?
    yeah coz the british wanted the native american's help to fight the republicans. so the republicans killed loads of them...

EDIT: i think??

ReputationRep:
    Well I believe whats done is done, it's in the past, and hopefully we can all learn from the mistakes that were made. But I wish they would get things straight in the damn books for once, for instance my people never scalped anyone yet they still make that claim in the books. I really wouldn't say I appreciate one more than the other, as I am an american, and the people responsible for what happened are all dead and gone. **** don't even get me started on Custer. <cough> ******* <cough> Soz.
    lol good call..

but i really always thing they scalped people?? coz its always said in the history lessons...

whos custer?

ReputationRep:
    lol good call..

but i really always thing they scalped people?? coz its always said in the history lessons...

whos custer?

Yeah we got taught that they scalped people as well ...

ReputationRep:
    the british were the ones who went there...
    I was holding back on that one, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I don't know why the bono account was banned, I was offline for about 5 days and came back to see it was banned.
    did you ask a mod why? maybe they can tell you..

(Original post by thelibertines)
    Yeah we got taught that they scalped people as well ...
    lol oh well, but some of the tribes must do it?? they didnt made it out of thin air?

ReputationRep:

haha well American text books do like to romanticize the native americans as depraved savages and the British as 18th century Nazis, which is rather amusing

lol hahaha yeh i guess he is a *******, what about Tecumseh? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelibertines)
    Hiya this is my first post and I just wanted to say hi What do you do on these forums, just chat? Any members I should "watch out" for etc.
    haven't been here for ages....hello...yeah you just chat....not sure about the members to watch out for....there was this one dude called gnostic that was quite controversial...amazingtrade, loftx, finity, pencil, pencil_queen, researcher, all the moderators, were all very helpful...

ReputationRep:
    :confused: The americans you speak of were infact the britts, the true americans at that time were my people, the natives that were already here, and we certainly didn't run arround slaughtering ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I studied Native American history in Year 10 (2 years ago) and it made Native Americans seem like barbarians/animals or something, and there was little to oppose this.

BTW Infin: Sorry for being ignorant on this, but what exactly is the difference between a Native American and an American? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :confused: The americans you speak of were infact the britts, the true americans at that time were my people, the natives that were already here, and we certainly didn't run arround slaughtering ourselves.

well i wouldn't say that - i mean we payed some tribes of the 6 nations to fight the other tribes, and tribes attached themselves to the British and Americans during the Rev. War and War of 1812,

but by the late 18th century, British and American attitudes were completely different, along with language, culture etc...

ReputationRep:
    yeah coz the british wanted the native american's help to fight the republicans from idependence. so the republicans killed loads of them...

EDIT: i think??

am i partly right??

ReputationRep:
    lol oh well, but some of the tribes must do it?? they didnt made it out of thin air?
    The whites scalped our people for the long silky hair, then to start war between the tribes they would make it look as though another tribe had done it. I think they even went so far as to scalp their own dead and claim indians had done it. My people took ears, J/K.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.