The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Invisible
Out with the New and in with the old is what I say. :smile:

I'm back to feeling all unwanted again :frown:

(sorry a bit late post have been v. engrossed in the tv!)

x
Reply 221
Infinity
The whites scalped our people for the long silky hair, then to start war between the tribes they would make it look as though another tribe had done it. I think they even went so far as to scalp their own dead and claim indians had done it. My people took ears, J/K.

oh right...lol ok then..they lied to me..

my history teacher also said that some of the tribes would punish people by tied them down cut off their eye lids and face them to teh sun?? so they eventually go blind coz they cant close their eyes??
Reply 222
Invisible
I agree, I studied Native American history in Year 10 (2 years ago) and it made Native Americans seem like barbarians/animals or something, and there was little to oppose this.

BTW Infin: Sorry for being ignorant on this, but what exactly is the difference between a Native American and an American? :confused:
Native american is one of the many terms used to repesent the original people of this country, the indians if you will. American just represent anyone who is a citizen of this country.
Reply 223
BombShell
I'm back to feeling all unwanted again :frown:

(sorry a bit late post have been v. engrossed in the tv!)

x

lol you're wanted! :rolleyes:

you wanna tell us a bit more about you?

(whats on tv?)
Reply 224
John Paul Jones
haha well American text books do like to romanticize the native americans as depraved savages and the British as 18th century Nazis, which is rather amusing

lol hahaha yeh i guess he is a bastard, what about Tecumseh? lol
Tecumseh was a great leader, and it's a shame his people would not listen to him in the end.
Infinity
Native american is one of the many terms used to repesent the original people of this country, the indians if you will. American just represent anyone who is a citizen of this country.

OK, that makes sense. :smile:
Reply 226
the krays, never seen it before, tis a good film

I'm a girl, 19, from cheshire, umm... first year uni, doing history n psychology...i like alkyhol! oh n i have two ickle chipmunks!

x
Reply 227
BombShell
the krays, never seen it before, tis a good film

I'm a girl, 19, from cheshire, umm... first year uni, doing history n psychology...i like alkyhol! oh n i have two ickle chipmunks!

x

lol cool, alvin and simon?
Fly By
lol cool, alvin and simon?

You're forgetting theodore!
Reply 229
heh heh, no alfie and charlie :tongue:
Reply 230
thelibertines
You're forgetting theodore!

yeah but she say she only got two :wink:
Reply 231
Fly By
oh right...lol ok then..they lied to me..

my history teacher also said that some of the tribes would punish people by tied them down cut off their eye lids and face them to teh sun?? so they eventually go blind coz they cant close their eyes??
Thats ok they lied to me too, and I always got punnished for standing up and spouting off about the untruths that were being spoken, got my ass paddeled once over scalping. Hmm, that other stuff, yeah some of it has truth, but that stuff only happened after women and children were being raped and murdered. Can't say I blame them, ya know. Different era, different culture, different rules and punishments.

Bombshell, we want ya here, yes lets talk more about yiou, this stuff is depressing me. Wheres me peace pipe, and peyote at, I need to center myself to mother earth. J/K
Reply 232
Any pics BombShell? :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 233
not at the mo, don't think i've got any stored. i will get some!

x
Reply 234
theaman
Any pics BombShell? :wink: :biggrin:

lol so predictable you're
Infinity
Thats ok they lied to me too, and I always got punnished for standing up and spouting off about the untruths that were being spoken, got my ass paddeled once over scalping. Hmm, that other stuff, yeah some of it has truth, but that stuff only happened after women and children were being raped and murdered. Can't say I blame them, ya know. Different era, different culture, different rules and punishments.

Bombshell, we want ya here, yes lets talk more about yiou, this stuff is depressing me. Wheres me peace pipe, and peyote at, I need to center myself to mother earth. J/K

lol, you know i have many native american chants on my computer, i like them. But the Indians did encourage the white man, concerning trading etc... they loved trading and couldn't stop - especially for guns.
Reply 236
BombShell
not at the mo, don't think i've got any stored. i will get some!

x

What do you look like then?

And on a scale of 1 to 10 how attractive would other people say you were?
Reply 237
theaman
What do you look like then?

And on a scale of 1 to 10 how attractive would other people say you were?

lol oh go on theaman, leave her alone and tell us a joke
Reply 238
oh a 10, definitely! :wink:

You know, you people are very friendly... :tongue:
Fly By
yeah but she say she only got two :wink:

Lol, sorry I'm a bit sleepy, didn't realise!

*Sings Chipmunks themetune to herself*

Latest

Trending

Trending