The Student Room Group

I'm ill but I have an exam later?

I'm meant to be taking my AS geography exam later this afternoon, but I'm really ill. I've thrown up once already after waking up, my sore throat from yesterday has got a bit better but I'm not sure what to do.
Who should I email, what will happen if I can't take the exam?
If you decide to go into the exam hall and take your exam, no matter how ill you say you are, the grade you got sitting the exam will be the grade on your AS certificate. You could possible get around 1 or 2% extra marks with a doctor's note but that's not much really. The most anyone can ever get is 5% extra but that only applies to those who has someone very close to them pass away e.g. a parent.
If you don't turn up to your exam, you will get a phone call from your school asking why you are not here (happened to a friend of mine last year when she misread her exam timetable and thought it was an afternoon exam - eek!) If the school can verify that you are indeed very poorly and cannot sit the exam at all - doctor's note again - they will just stamp your predicted grade onto the paper.
This is what my school does but check to make sure what will happen. Call in to your school office.
Hope you feel better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest