Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my AS media exam is coming up and I'm hoping some of you have some tips for section B!

ReputationRep:
    Link absolutely everything to the question- facts and stats are cool and all, but don't drop them in for no reason
    Mention all three case studies, and all three platforms - you can do it briefly, but make sure they're all there

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! This'll be really helpful. I always struggle to understand the questions themselves though, so I end up throwing in anything I can think of that might be even slightly relevant :s

ReputationRep:
    That should be okay, as long as you argue it well enough. It's good to start and end each paragraph with a reference to the question.
    For example, here's a paragraph I did for the question "Identify the ways intertextuality is used inyour cross-media study."
    In contrast to the other two texts, ‘Jessica Jones’ is muchmore restrained with its use of intertextuality. That said, it does fit intothe huge ‘Marvel Cinematic Universe’, and therefore requires careful referencesto the other media products within this expansive world. One notable example ofintertextuality is throwaway lines about, “aliens falling from the sky”, whichreference the events of the incredibly popular film ‘Avengers Assemble’. Inaddition, ‘Jessica Jones’ is created by Netflix, who also made the show‘Daredevil’; both are set in the same area of New York. This allows for thecharacter of Claire to appear in ‘Jessica Jones’, after first featuring in‘Daredevil’. The character never explicitly states that she knows Daredevil,however it is a clever ‘easter egg’ for those who watched both shows to find.This idea of a shared universe is furthered in the eMedia; the official‘Jessica Jones’ twitter account makes reference to the other Marvel/Netflixshows. For example, one tweet described how production for the ‘Luke Cage’series was underway by describing Luke as, “my friend”. These examples areclever uses of intertextuality, as they not only benefit the media text, butalso serve to market existing and upcoming texts in the cinematic universe.
    Notice how I used the key word of the question 'intertextuality' throughout the paragraph?
    Do that for all and you'll do great.

ReputationRep:
    Okay great, thank you. That really explains the type of content that I need to include in my answer, and shows how I can continuously link to the question throughout to stop me going off track! I'm going to revise and practise as much as possible today, and hopefully not do awfully in the exam tomorrow! Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.