Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute advice before the core 1 exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Do as many past papers tonight as you can!

Im re-sitting Core 1 (I got D in Core 1, B in Core 2, A in Stats 1) and I've done every past paper and gotten A's on all of them. I even got 100% in June 14!

Past papers are the best revision method, so do them!

ReputationRep:
    just a query if the mark scheme uses factorisation to get there answer for a quadratic do you still get credit for using the quadratic equation even though it doesn't say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burkey98)
    just a query if the mark scheme uses factorisation to get there answer for a quadratic do you still get credit for using the quadratic equation even though it doesn't say?
    As long as you get the same answer I would think you would get the marks.
    I always try factorisation first before the quadratic equation or completing the square (unless it asks for either method) just to be on the safe side. As a general rule, if a question says "Give your answer in surd form" I use the quadratic equation, if it says "Give your answer in the form p(x+q)^2+r" I use the completing the square, but for everything else I try and factorise first because its quicker :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.