Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need serious help. So basically I got my overall grade for my GCSE English control assessment back and i got a D. I was hoping if I get a C in the exam will my overall grade be a C?
    Its 40% coursework and 60% Exam. I'am so confused because i really dont want to resit english. By the way im doing the Foundation paper so i cant get anything higher than a C.
    Thank you for reading this!!!

ReputationRep:
    That's definitely possible as the exam has a higher weighting. Did you get a high D? Try and aim for a high C in the exam, then you should get a C overall provided you didn't just scrape a D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    That's definitely possible as the exam has a higher weighting. Did you get a high D? Try and aim for a high C in the exam, then you should get a C overall provided you didn't just scrape a D.
    Thank you so much!!! Yeah i think it was a high D
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by meghan_lucy321)
    Thank you so much!!! Yeah i think it was a high D
    You just need to make up the shortfall. If it was a high D, then that means fewer marks to make up. If you just did slightly better in your exam so you got a medium or high C, then that should make things up.

Try your best, answer the question and keep making relevant points. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Of course its possible!!!! If you a get C you need a high one to ensure that you pass but even then its slightly risky
    Try your hardest and get a B to absolutely ensure that you get that pass you deserve!! You can do it!!! I believe in you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You just need to make up the shortfall. If it was a high D, then that means fewer marks to make up. If you just did slightly better in your exam so you got a medium or high C, then that should make things up.

Try your best, answer the question and keep making relevant points. Good luck.
    Thank you!!! and will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahanne)
    Of course its possible!!!! If you a get C you need a high one to ensure that you pass but even then its slightly risky
    Try your hardest and get a B to absolutely ensure that you get that pass you deserve!! You can do it!!! I believe in you!!!
    Omg Thank YOU so much!!!! That means so much to me! )))))))))

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.