AllyParnell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey all, how's the revision going?
I was wondering if anyone has been given any predictions this year for the exams as I've had nothing suggested by my teacher as of yet.
Iamjos
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How was it?
abi_parsnips
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Iamjos)
How was it?
I thought it was okay, question with the graphs and haemolysis was the only tricky bit. Loved the essays and question on water! What about you?
steph100698
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I was wondering what did you guys put for the haemolysis bit? It took me so long to answer that question!
MrHarry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by steph100698)
Hi, I was wondering what did you guys put for the haemolysis bit? It took me so long to answer that question!
I think I wrote about it being in a hypotonic solution and the direction of water potential by osmosis. I can't really remember the question.

For the question on the next page about describing the sight of the cell, I wrote about the cell losing water by Osmosis and plasmolysing - cell vacuole shrinking in size, cell contents shrinking and the cell membrane moving away from the cell wall.
Mikail246
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, do you know for the enzyme question, was the substrate found in the air?
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mikail246)
Hi, do you know for the enzyme question, was the substrate found in the air?

It said about the enzyme needing air, so I mentioned that the enzyme was an oxidase one and so needed oxygen to undergo the reaction.. clearly I just made it up
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone know what the Golgi body question was. And was it mitochondria or chloroplast in that micrograph???
MrHarry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LydiaIsaacs)
Anyone know what the Golgi body question was. And was it mitochondria or chloroplast in that micrograph???
I put Mitochondria. Aaaaaaand for the Golgi question I put Lysosome (Digestive Enzyme).
ForeverAStudent1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey what did you guys put for the microscope question of the plant cell? There were 6 different answers? I messed up badly on the question bc i didnt know if it was the part of a plant eg the chloroplast of the full organelle
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrHarry)
I put Mitochondria. Aaaaaaand for the Golgi question I put Lysosome (Digestive Enzyme).
I put lysosome, but apparently plants do not have lysosomes!
MrHarry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I put lysosome, but apparently plants do not have lysosomes!
Hmm... I wonder what it is then.
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmm... I wonder what it is then.
proteins according to my biology teacher.
MrHarry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
proteins according to my biology teacher.
Riiiiight... Ah well, only one mark
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Riiiiight... Ah well, only one mark
it was 6 or so for me, because it then went on to talk about how it secretes the product, and I continued to suggest that it was lysosome!!
MrHarry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it was 6 or so for me, because it then went on to talk about how it secretes the product, and I continued to suggest that it was lysosome!!
Is that the question which required you to talk about secreting vesicles by pinching off the ends, etc?
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is that the question which required you to talk about secreting vesicles by pinching off the ends, etc?
Yes, I talked about exocytosis and the vesicle containing 'lysosomes' fusing with the plasma membrane
MrHarry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, I talked about exocytosis and the vesicle containing 'lysosomes' fusing with the plasma membrane
Yeees! Me too.
abi_parsnips
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For the Golgi question I talked about glycoproteins, but the on the micrograph I couldn't tell if it was chloroplast or mitochondria, I went with mitochondria just because there were so many and I remember some of them being more circular, which mitochondria can be if cut on different planes. Still not sure though
aladdin818
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys.

I am resitting my BY2 paper! i didn't resit the BY1 paper tho but out of curiosity, which essays were given on the BY1 paper this year? & anyone have any ideas on which essays it may be this year:[ my essay really let me down last year (got 5/10)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads