Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hold an offer from King's College London for the BSc in Economics & Management. In case I get accepted at Bocconi ( International Economics and Management/Finance) which one should I choose?

Quality of the course, employability, name recognition in terms of I-Banking recruiting and teaching quality are all important factors for me but of course a decent social scene would be great as well. (Obviously Bocconi would be the cheaper option!?)

Maybe some other students are facing a similar situation Thank you for your advice.

-Moritz

ReputationRep:
    I hope you are kidding

Bocconi is very bad university compared to King's.
    Milan is very very very bad compared to London.

I cant compare this two universities seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xaBu)
    I hope you are kidding

Bocconi is very bad university compared to King's.
    Milan is very very very bad compared to London.

I cant compare this two universities seriously.
    Thanks for your reply!

I'm not kidding. Bocconi has a good reputation amongst employers and it is the cheaper option. That's why I'm considering it.

Why would you say KCL is better? (Obviously London > Milan.. but I was hoping you can give me some information in terms of the education I'd receive)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else has an opinion for me ? Would really appreciate any advice regarding both schools.

Thank you!

In case I should repost this thread elsewhere please let me know! ( I'm new on TSR )

ReputationRep:
    Bocconi is a great business school. King's is well reputed university but only with an emerging business school. So if you sum it up I would say that the brand name is pretty much equivalent. I think it's a hard choice. On King's side the London factor is key. Is Bocconi really cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response!

I think King's has a better brand recognition worldwide (especially in the US). Also, I'd love to do a semester abroad at UC Berkeley. ( not sure how realistic that is though ) so I'm leaning towards King's as of now.

Living in london (not only housing but pretty much everything else ) is just crazy expensive. On top of that I might receive a scholarship from Bocconi.

I just don't know if living in Milan ( without knowing the language ) would make me happy. I'm pretty sure the Uni is great.

ReputationRep:
    Living in Milan is extremely expensive too.
    The exchange with UC Berkeley at King's is for second year Econ & Management. Not too hard to get from what I know.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get that information from? I've heard that it's extremely competitive..

Could you elaborate on that?

ReputationRep:
    Milan is an expensive city but way less than London, I can say that for sure.
    I read that King's College is not a target: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum...e-not-a-target
    Plus, if you want to do investment banking I suppose you like finance, or at least want recruiters to think that, so it makes sense to go for economics and finance, not management.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.