The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Poll

How hard did you find F211?!

Hey guys! Can't find an official board for AS OCR Biology retakes! How is everyone doing?

F211 - Thursday 26th May 2016
F212 - Tuesday 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just did the 2015 paper from last year, still as baffling as ever. Perfect.
Hey, does anyone have any predictions on what might come up?
Reply 3
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat

Hopefully nothing that came up last year :redface:
Reply 4
I'm hoping some geography and psychology questions come up...
Original post by kiasne
Hopefully nothing that came up last year :redface:
Reply 5
Can anyone post the 2015 f211 paper, it would be much appreciated
Does anyone know if they are taking the best grade you get or taking the latest grade to count towards your A Level?

In aqa geography they are taking the latest one and I panicking that other exams might be the same...
Reply 7
hi guys,

so i wasn't sure if there was another thread for this so i'll post it here anyway (i'm also resitting from last year!)

I've come across the spirometer part of the spec and just did a practice oxygen uptake question, but the graph i used was from a specimen paper, where the question wasn't to work out oxygen uptake.

If any of you would mind having a quick go at it, just so I can check my answer it would be appreciated. I got stuff bout spirometers wrong in last years exams (how I did that i don't know) so I want to make sure I'm 100% on them.

Thanks- the picture of the graph is attached :smile:

Any predictions for what will come up? Hopefully nothing about Guard Cells or the Hole in the Septum...
Reply 9
Anyone have any predictions, im shiting it tbh
Original post by TheTHFC123
Any predictions for what will come up? Hopefully nothing about Guard Cells or the Hole in the Septum...

LOL Ridiculous right? Hmm possibly more in depth questions on the heart this time around possibly a 7 marker, focus on the topics your weak on. unseen experiments = destroy my soul.
Ok so is it that if you get a lower grade they keep your original grade?
Original post by Falabafae
Anyone have any predictions, im shiting it tbh

Original post by TheTHFC123

Original post by MotorboatMyGoat

Hey guys, i saw someone post this on another thread and the predictions seem fair imo! Here:

Original post by milutin767
My teacher's predictions and she's generally very accurate:mitosis, yeast budding, stem cells, blood vessels, hydrostatic pressure graph, lymph, tissue fluid table, microscopes, apoplast/sympast pathways, xerophytes, prokaryotic/eukaryotic cells, cytoskeleton

Also if you guys want in, there's a small online group chat here for F211, most are also doing other modules, good place to ask any questions/topics you're stuck on:
http://us22.chatzy.com/92060550503781
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by T-Osiris
Can anyone post the 2015 f211 paper, it would be much appreciated

:h:
Original post by nicoleemmak
Ok so is it that if you get a lower grade they keep your original grade?

Yes the highest grade
Reply 15
Last day revision tips??
Original post by JsJsxox
hi guys,

so i wasn't sure if there was another thread for this so i'll post it here anyway (i'm also resitting from last year!)

I've come across the spirometer part of the spec and just did a practice oxygen uptake question, but the graph i used was from a specimen paper, where the question wasn't to work out oxygen uptake.

If any of you would mind having a quick go at it, just so I can check my answer it would be appreciated. I got stuff bout spirometers wrong in last years exams (how I did that i don't know) so I want to make sure I'm 100% on them.

Thanks- the picture of the graph is attached :smile:

Hi, cant really read the graph properly but from what I calculated oxygen uptake over one minute is roughly 0.8dm^3 min-1
Reply 17
Original post by dipesh18
Hi, cant really read the graph properly but from what I calculated oxygen uptake over one minute is roughly 0.8dm^3 min-1

Thank you so much, that's around what I got so jsut wanted to check! Thank you (again)
Good luck guys.. if anyone has more predictions feel free to share lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Good luck to everyone tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest