Turn on thread page Beta

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Can't find an official board for AS OCR Biology retakes! How is everyone doing?

F211 - Thursday 26th May 2016
    F212 - Tuesday 7th June 2016

ReputationRep:
    Just did the 2015 paper from last year, still as baffling as ever. Perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone have any predictions on what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MotorboatMyGoat)
    Hopefully nothing that came up last year

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping some geography and psychology questions come up...
    (Original post by kiasne)
    Hopefully nothing that came up last year

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post the 2015 f211 paper, it would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they are taking the best grade you get or taking the latest grade to count towards your A Level?

In aqa geography they are taking the latest one and I panicking that other exams might be the same...

hi guys,

so i wasn't sure if there was another thread for this so i'll post it here anyway (i'm also resitting from last year!)

I've come across the spirometer part of the spec and just did a practice oxygen uptake question, but the graph i used was from a specimen paper, where the question wasn't to work out oxygen uptake.

If any of you would mind having a quick go at it, just so I can check my answer it would be appreciated. I got stuff bout spirometers wrong in last years exams (how I did that i don't know) so I want to make sure I'm 100% on them.

Thanks- the picture of the graph is attached

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for what will come up? Hopefully nothing about Guard Cells or the Hole in the Septum...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions, im shiting it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTHFC123)
    Any predictions for what will come up? Hopefully nothing about Guard Cells or the Hole in the Septum...
    LOL Ridiculous right? Hmm possibly more in depth questions on the heart this time around possibly a 7 marker, focus on the topics your weak on. unseen experiments = destroy my soul.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so is it that if you get a lower grade they keep your original grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falabafae)
    Anyone have any predictions, im shiting it tbh
    (Original post by TheTHFC123)
    (Original post by MotorboatMyGoat)

Hey guys, i saw someone post this on another thread and the predictions seem fair imo! Here:

(Original post by milutin767)
    My teacher's predictions and she's generally very accurate:mitosis, yeast budding, stem cells, blood vessels, hydrostatic pressure graph, lymph, tissue fluid table, microscopes, apoplast/sympast pathways, xerophytes, prokaryotic/eukaryotic cells, cytoskeleton

Also if you guys want in, there's a small online group chat here for F211, most are also doing other modules, good place to ask any questions/topics you're stuck on:
    http://us22.chatzy.com/92060550503781

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Osiris)
    Can anyone post the 2015 f211 paper, it would be much appreciated
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf F211 2015 QP.pdf (793.5 KB, 783 views)
  2. File Type: pdf f211 2015 MS.pdf (377.5 KB, 663 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    Ok so is it that if you get a lower grade they keep your original grade?
    Yes the highest grade

ReputationRep:
    Last day revision tips??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JsJsxox)
    hi guys,

so i wasn't sure if there was another thread for this so i'll post it here anyway (i'm also resitting from last year!)

I've come across the spirometer part of the spec and just did a practice oxygen uptake question, but the graph i used was from a specimen paper, where the question wasn't to work out oxygen uptake.

If any of you would mind having a quick go at it, just so I can check my answer it would be appreciated. I got stuff bout spirometers wrong in last years exams (how I did that i don't know) so I want to make sure I'm 100% on them.

Thanks- the picture of the graph is attached

Hi, cant really read the graph properly but from what I calculated oxygen uptake over one minute is roughly 0.8dm^3 min-1

(Original post by dipesh18)
    Hi, cant really read the graph properly but from what I calculated oxygen uptake over one minute is roughly 0.8dm^3 min-1
    Thank you so much, that's around what I got so jsut wanted to check! Thank you (again)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys.. if anyone has more predictions feel free to share lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.