The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Someone please make a mark scheme :frown:
Original post by Bgxx
What did you get for that question on the taxonomical thing on animal?

was it order, family, genus and species??????? idk
Kingdom
Phylum
Class
I seriously made some stupid mistakes. So annoyed at myself! I really hope the grade boundaries are low this year although I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 504
hard paper in my opinion, last year was easier
Reply 505
what did everyone write about the glycogen structure and function and the question about tar
Original post by shinycheetah
was it order, family, genus and species??????? idk

I put phylum, order, family, genus /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 507
Original post by Whitney997
Kingdom
Phylum
Class
me too! Did you get Order for the last one because there was 4 answers?
Reply 508
What did everyone get for the enzyme calculation? 💀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 509
Original post by minnie_1504

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got that first then i realised that animal was a kingdom so it was going down from that order? :/
Original post by minnie_1504

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did we have to mention kingdom again ? Because I didn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bgxx
me too! Did you get Order for the last one because there was 4 answers?

Was Animals at the top so it couldn't be Kingdom?

I put:
PHYLUM
CLASS
ORDER
FAMILY
Original post by Rajan_S97

I put:
PHYLUM
CLASS
ORDER
FAMILY

Yes that is what I thought ? They already told us that it was a kingdom so I was like why would they want us to write kingdom again . I started off with phylum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yesss I put that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rajan_S97

I put:
PHYLUM
CLASS
ORDER
FAMILY

Yeah me too. Because animals was already there which is the kingdom so you had to go down from that

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the advantages of the 3 domain system over the 5 Kingdom system? I had no clue what to put for that :/. Definitely a harder paper than last year tho, wish I hadn't messed up then now more than ever 😭😭
Reply 516
0.35 for enzyme calculation
would writing about prosthetic groups in the enzymes question get me marks?!!!! because it said ions and I thought about heamoglobin and thats a globular protien and iron ions help it carry out its function so I wrote thats prosthetic group may help enzyme carry out the metabolic process it is involved in :// I don't know if that makes any sense can someone please let me know if this will get me any marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 518
What does everyone think grade boundaries will be? I dont think they'll change much as they havent done so in the previous years
Original post by Mariah.R
would writing about prosthetic groups im the emzymes question get me marks?!!!! because it said ions and I thought about heamoglobin and thats a globular protien amd iron ions help it carry out its function so I wrote thats prosthetic group may help enzyme carry out the metabolic process it is involved in :// I don't know if that made sense can someone please let me know if this is somewhat correct thanks

That question was hard. I was writing everything about organic and inorganic cofactors and how they help to increase the rate of enzyme reaction... That question was so hard. Also the question were you had to write how you would carry out the investigation for the water lily plant was really difficult :s-smilie: my hopes of getting an A in this paper are gone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest