The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HasinaKhan
I put Rio Convention on Biological Diversity, from past exam questions I think thats right

Is
it okay if i wrote convention of Biological Diveristy ,Ocr better not be sticky thats taking the pisss
(edited 7 years ago)
omg what did you guys write for that 2nd enzyme question the one about the properties
Original post by jessiecoo
1.4 X 250 = 350

then 350/1000= 0.35 (as it wanted it in grams)

Oh god I got that wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people write for a mutation in RNA changing 3D shape?
What did people put for the lilly experiment for growth with different moisture of soil?
Reply 585
Original post by LaurenPF

I think I mentioned that the RNA came into contact with the host cells DNA, then change in the base sequence and amino acid sequence coding for wrong polypeptides, changing the tertiary structure of the antigen so it can no longer function or something.
Tbh I gave it my best shot, I had no idea what to put haha
Yeah i wrote the same :smile:
Think I wrote about primary structure being different so the amino acid sequence would alter then talked about how that would affect what polypeptides are coded for and what bonds you'd see in the tertiary structure.. maybe I'll scrounge some marks :frown:
Is there an unofficial markscheme?
Original post by milutin767
I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVERT I WROTE 35mg i cannot BELIEVE THIS

SAME OH NO, i thought you had to divide by 10, not 1000 :frown:

Did it state the conversion rate anywhere?
Reply 590
Original post by 09ekennedy
What did people put for the lilly experiment for growth with different moisture of soil?

Umm I think I mentioned taking samples of lily plants with different concentrations of moisture, sample them at different times of the year, do replicates, use standard deviation or statistical test and um like a standardised technique. I really didn't know what to put
Naa , they have got to except that come on wow
Original post by jessiecoo
1.4 X 250 = 350

then 350/1000= 0.35 (as it wanted it in grams)

I got 0.14

(0.56 x 250) / 1000 = 0.14
would I get method marks?
Original post by LaurenPF

Change in RNA will change nucleotide sequence, therefore when rna is changed to dna using reverse transcriptase the gene for the antigens will be change, when this gene is transcribed and translated at a ribosome the codons will code for a different amino acids, the primary structure of the antigen will be diffeent due to different sequence of amino acids and therefore tertiary strcuture and bonds in the polypetide will be different due to different r groups on the amino acid, i think i went a bit overboard tbh
Original post by 09ekennedy

i dunno if mine is right but i went on the lines of grow the lillys in soils all with with different water contents and measure the height at which they grow and compare to the control
Reply 595
What did people put for the last questions when they asked you to correct their statements???
One was about amount of substrate and what a better word for that was
The second was like productivity of animals
The other was like freezing and explain that
And um there was one about biodiversity and planning permission
Original post by Redman789
i dunno if mine is right but i went on the lines of grow the lillys in soils all with with different water contents and measure the height at which they grow and compare to the control

ok, i wrote something similar like havig 6 sample with equal amounts of soil, and using different volumes of water water each sample everyday for 1.5 weeks, make sure there is a control (one without water), place in the same place with minimal light and a fairly stable temperature and then measure the lilly height
Reply 597
Looooooool this paper was okay better than last year but I know I got the two pages on the biuret test wrong and the pages at the end on biodiversity
Original post by Tinksy
Umm I think I mentioned taking samples of lily plants with different concentrations of moisture, sample them at different times of the year, do replicates, use standard deviation or statistical test and um like a standardised technique. I really didn't know what to put

I went along these lines too... I said to plant lilies of similar age and size in a known volume of soil with different levels of water content. I then said observe at intervals over a set amount of time e.g. every day for a week (but now I'm thinking this was ambitious haha). I then said ensure light intensity, temperature, type and pH of soil and CO2 concentration remains constant so only water is affecting the rate of growth. Threw in a repeat somewhere as well and a control.
Original post by Tinksy
What did people put for the last questions when they asked you to correct their statements???
One was about amount of substrate and what a better word for that was
The second was like productivity of animals
The other was like freezing and explain that
And um there was one about biodiversity and planning permission

I said concentration for the first
Then said that inbreeding doesn't explicitly result in mutations but does reduce genetic variation which can cause all animals to be susceptible to a disease
Then said that stuff about bacterial reproducing and growing at a slower rate due to less kinetic energy hence less food breakdown etc.
And then I said that a high level of biodiversity would likely prevent them from getting permission to build on that area because it's favourable to preserve areas of high biodiversity

Idk if they're all right though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending