Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Is anyone taking the 1K unit of Aqa history tomorrow?
    If so, does anyone got any predictions of what it might come up?

ReputationRep:
    yh i have that exam and also in need if oredictions!!!😬

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe I finally found someone whos taking the exam!! Im so nervous I feel like I forgot everything...
    I wish we werent the first to seat the new exam spec so that at least we knew what examiners were looking for.. 🙈🙈

ReputationRep:
    i predict it'll probably be something less specific and more of an overall view of the period. Something like foreign policy throughout the period or corruption and Economy expansion throughout the period!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose it makes sense to be something less specific not only because it's the bredth unit but also because it's the first exam..
    I hope they were in a good mood when they wrote the questions hehe..
    Anyway, we'll see... Thank you for sharing your predictions ottokindaworks , and good luck for tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!I'm also doing this and super nervous about tomorrow. I always get around 21/22 on the essays but I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate that /:

Anyway, I've been compiling a list of essay questions and I've planned most of these, thought it'd be useful to share:

- ‘Reconstruction failed due to white terror in the South during the years 1865 to 1877.’
    - ‘The main reason for growth in the economy during the years 1865 to 1877 was improvements in transport.’
    - ’The main reason for Westward Expansion during the period 1865-77 was ‘Manifest Destiny.’
    - ‘The main effect of Reconstruction for African Americans was the introduction of Jim Crow laws.’
    - ’The most important reason for expansion West in the years 1865-90 was the development of the railroads.’
    - ’The lives of African Americans improved during the years 1865-90’.
    - ‘Industrial growth during Reconstruction was a triumph for the Republican party.’
    - ‘The main effect of immigration to the USA in the years 1865-90 was the growth of Nativism.’
    - ‘The position of African Americans regressed in the period 1890 to 1920.’
    - ‘To what extent was the growth of imperialism in the years 1890 to 1912 as a result of the search for new markets?’
    - ’To what extent was the regulation of big business the most important achievement of the Progressive Movement in the years 1890-1912?’
    - ’The main reason for the growth of the Progressive movement in the years 1890-1912 was the need to regulate big business.’
    - ‘Wilson was the most progressive of the American presidents in the years 1890-1920.’
    - ‘Progressive Presidents were effective in controlling big business and redistributing wealth.’
    - ‘The USA followed an isolationist foreign policy during the years 1890-1920.’
    - ’The greatest threat to the position of African Americans in the South during the years 1865-1920 was formal segregation’.
    - ‘Mass immigration was the main reason why the US had become the leading economic power by 1920.’
    - 'Reconstruction in the year 1865-77 failed because of Republican opposition'
    - 'In the years 1865 to 1890, the Democratic Party was fatally weakened by the consequences of the death of the South in the Civil War'
    - 'Settlement of the West in the years 1865 to 1890 was a triumph of American democracy.'
    - 'The railroads were key to the expansion of the American economy in the years 1865 to 1890'
    - 'The rise of American economy between 1890 and 1913 was due to the abundance of natural resources.'
    - 'American foreign policy in the years 1890 to 1920 was isolationist.’
    - 'Settlement of the West in the years 1865 to 1890 was a triumph of American democracy.'
    - 'The railroads were key to the expansion of the American economy in the years 1865 to 1890'
    - 'The rise of American economy between 1890 and 1913 was due to the abundance of natural resources.'

(These are from the specimens, the two textbooks I own and I think a few I just sort of made up)

Anyway, good luck to all tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nincompiffle)
    Hi!I'm also doing this and super nervous about tomorrow. I always get around 21/22 on the essays but I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate that /:

Anyway, I've been compiling a list of essay questions and I've planned most of these, thought it'd be useful to share:

- ‘Reconstruction failed due to white terror in the South during the years 1865 to 1877.’
    - ‘The main reason for growth in the economy during the years 1865 to 1877 was improvements in transport.’
    - ’The main reason for Westward Expansion during the period 1865-77 was ‘Manifest Destiny.’
    - ‘The main effect of Reconstruction for African Americans was the introduction of Jim Crow laws.’
    - ’The most important reason for expansion West in the years 1865-90 was the development of the railroads.’
    - ’The lives of African Americans improved during the years 1865-90’.
    - ‘Industrial growth during Reconstruction was a triumph for the Republican party.’
    - ‘The main effect of immigration to the USA in the years 1865-90 was the growth of Nativism.’
    - ‘The position of African Americans regressed in the period 1890 to 1920.’
    - ‘To what extent was the growth of imperialism in the years 1890 to 1912 as a result of the search for new markets?’
    - ’To what extent was the regulation of big business the most important achievement of the Progressive Movement in the years 1890-1912?’
    - ’The main reason for the growth of the Progressive movement in the years 1890-1912 was the need to regulate big business.’
    - ‘Wilson was the most progressive of the American presidents in the years 1890-1920.’
    - ‘Progressive Presidents were effective in controlling big business and redistributing wealth.’
    - ‘The USA followed an isolationist foreign policy during the years 1890-1920.’
    - ’The greatest threat to the position of African Americans in the South during the years 1865-1920 was formal segregation’.
    - ‘Mass immigration was the main reason why the US had become the leading economic power by 1920.’
    - 'In the years 1865 to 1890, the Democratic Party was fatally weakened by the consequences of the death of the South in the Civil War'

(These are from the specimens, the two textbooks I own and I think a few I just sort of made up)

Anyway, good luck to all tomorrow!
    What arguments did you get for - 'Settlement of the West in the years 1865 to 1890 was a triumph of American democracy.' ? I really struggled with this one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.