The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Dylanstickland
What did everyone put for the animal indicator? I put lichen and that it determines level of sulphur dioxide in the air but apparently a lichen is a fungus and not an animal... Would I still get either of the marks?

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazz_xox_
for the making the mosquitoes genetically modified:

The useful gene is cut out using enzymes and then inserted into the male mosquito at an early stage of development. The new gene will continue to develop as the mosquito grows??

Um basically yes I don't think you need the last sentence. I wrote a bit at the end how the gene will be expressed if dominant which I didn't need eithrt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lets start predicting for c1 guyss comeon
Someone make a proper unofficial thread :s
Reply 264
Original post by M451
0.67% I'm pretty sure

me being an idiot multiplied it by 100 again!
For the one about the boys and girls drinking alcohol, it specifically said to compare the type of alcoholic drink but people are saying they compared how much boys drank compared to girls? Did anyone just say that wine is the least consumed drink, beer,cider and larger were the most, and the others had a similar average?
Original post by usernametobe

Make sure you're up to date on circle theorems

Posted from TSR Mobile
for the making the mosquitoes genetically modified:

The useful gene is cut out using enzymes and then inserted into the male mosquito at an early stage of development. The new gene will continue to develop as the mosquito grows??

That's what I put! The removal of the useful gene is gene splicing right?

do not trust anyone on here all their b1 predictions were wrong
I think it was about variation and natural selection. Are you talking about the 4 mark question?
Original post by Obnox
I said that the dark shells were used for camouflage from predators :smile:

Yeah I said that too :smile:
For the one about the boys and girls drinking alcohol, it specifically said to compare the type of alcoholic drink but people are saying they compared how much boys drank compared to girls? Did anyone just say that wine is the least consumed drink, beer,cider and larger were the most, and the others had a similar average?

I'm relatively sure it mentioned boys and girls in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???
yeah

I wrote about taste as it had said "type"
Reply 274
Original post by habeeb_00
Um basically yes I don't think you need the last sentence. I wrote a bit at the end how the gene will be expressed if dominant which I didn't need eithrt

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no dominant gene, it's dominant allele. I'm afraid you might lose mark for talking about dominant
Original post by Examslol
I think it was about variation and natural selection. Are you talking about the 4 mark question?

What question was on about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did both
Talked about how girls were more common in drinking alchol overall and then said how beer,cider and larger were the most used

nothing on the spec :smile:
All I know is that if we get the same style of exams like this for our Chem and Phy, where they don't even mention any main topics and give stupidly worded questions. We are f**ked
Original post by MAJI_15
Yeah. I think the answer was just 6% since it would have made more sense when we looked at the two numbers of people that had malaria and those that died

2X10^6/3X10^8 X100 is 0.67%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending