fair mate, i do wish i was as cool as you tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladysophie)
    coasts, you?
    Yeah, what did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxHubbard)
    Yeah, what did you write about?
    wrote about how they want to protect tourist facilities in the wirral, reduce conflicts between activities in st lucia and used managed retreat because it was cheaper in wallasea, really poor question though, i can tell what i wrote was utter bs, you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the rivers essay? If so what did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    wrote about how they want to protect tourist facilities in the wirral, reduce conflicts between activities in st lucia and used managed retreat because it was cheaper in wallasea, really poor question though, i can tell what i wrote was utter bs, you?
    I wrote about Pool Harbour and the different activities that take places and conflicts between them. I just made up how they are managed

ReputationRep:
    that was a ******** exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    that was a ******** exam
    alright lad swearing doesn't make you cool

ReputationRep:
    I thought the short questions were good, i really liked the 9 markers for rivers and cold - but that coasts essay - I think I started writing the about the wrong case studies! Did people write about hard/soft engineering or did people write about like trampling of stuff and wildlife damage and then how that was managed? Because if you did the latter i thought that was more the 9 marker so i didn't think they would do the same?!

ReputationRep:
    Also the fauna question seemed to catch LOTS of people out!

ReputationRep:
    That moment when you forget what Fauna even means and miss the 6 mark question .
    And OCR word their questions so poorly it's not clear exactly what they are asking :/
    Rivers short, Cold short, Arid long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    That moment when you forget what Fauna even means and miss the 6 mark question .
    And OCR word their questions so poorly it's not clear exactly what they are asking :/
    Rivers short, Cold short, Arid long
    At my school we only study the coast rivers and cold bit - so we have to do cold short qns (but i got what fauna was after staring at it for a good few mins!) I didn't know what case studies to use except with 5 mins to go I realised some others and idk which ones I should have used but oh well I cant change it now. Hope I make it up with human?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulupixie)
    At my school we only study the coast rivers and cold bit - so we have to do cold short qns (but i got what fauna was after staring at it for a good few mins!) I didn't know what case studies to use except with 5 mins to go I realised some others and idk which ones I should have used but oh well I cant change it now. Hope I make it up with human?
    Similar to us, we have to do rivers short as only taught little bit. However, we can choose either short or long for arid/cold. Lucky for you, I just completely went blank and left the question, so that will bring me down.
    Same here, hopefully human will make up for that paper.
    Good Luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulupixie)
    Also the fauna question seemed to catch LOTS of people out!
    Me being one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Similar to us, we have to do rivers short as only taught little bit. However, we can choose either short or long for arid/cold. Lucky for you, I just completely went blank and left the question, so that will bring me down.
    Same here, hopefully human will make up for that paper.
    Good Luck !
    I sat there thinking flora flora and was then like wait it says fauna wtf is tha-ohhh animals okay then wasn't thinking that was gonna come up but hey ho. A good tourism essay will hopefully bring my grade up to like a B? You too!

ReputationRep:
    had no idea what half the questions were asking tbh
    This has always been my problem with OCR, they never really clearly define the question. I do not understand what they are asking from me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.