cxxk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did everyone find the geography exam??
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
htrowslec
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The rivers and cold questions were pretty nice, I wasn't a fan of the coasts essay however.
cxxk
Rep:
?
(Original post by htrowslec)
The rivers and cold questions were pretty nice, I wasn't a fan of the coasts essay however.
The cold environments 9 marker was terrible, about short term exploitation!!!
htrowslec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cxxk)
The cold environments 9 marker was terrible, about short term exploitation!!!
I was quite lucky that my teacher had given us a case study on oil exploration which I used, I struggled for a second example though, what did you use?
MaxHubbard
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They worded the question so much I wasn't sure what I was talking about
cxxk
Rep:
?
I was quite lucky that my teacher had given us a case study on oil exploration which I used, I struggled for a second example though, what did you use?
I wrote about oil reserves in Alaska, what did you write about?
SilverMusic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did the hot arid section and just realised I wrote about Flaura not fauna :'(
cxxk
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaxHubbard)
They worded the question so much I wasn't sure what I was talking about
Yeah I agree!! I thought the 25 marker questions were really hard to make sense of!
cxxk
Rep:
?
(Original post by SilverMusic)
I did the hot arid section and just realised I wrote about Flaura not fauna :'(
Flaura is still valid to talk about as it would effect the fauna that are able to live there!!
SilverMusic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cxxk)
Flaura is still valid to talk about as it would effect the fauna that are able to live there!!
Do you think? Im so scared now, I wanted a good grade aswell :/ Im just worried that those potential 6 marks could've been the difference between one good grade and one not so good
cxxk
Rep:
?
Do you think? Im so scared now, I wanted a good grade aswell :/ Im just worried that those potential 6 marks could've been the difference between one good grade and one not so good
You probably still did get some marks because flora and fauna are both effected by the same things. How did you feel the rest of the paper went?
helloimlukas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That paper was awful. I did rivers short, deserts short and coasts long.... Tbh I didn't even know what half the questions meant and the ones I did, were utter bs answers. Hoping human will be easier but there's no way I'm recovering after that
SilverMusic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cxxk)
You probably still did get some marks because flora and fauna are both effected by the same things. How did you feel the rest of the paper went?
The rest of it was alright, Some of the past questions i didn't like but have practiced came up but omd they worded the essays weirdly
SilverMusic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by helloimlukas)
That paper was awful. I did rivers short, deserts short and coasts long.... Tbh I didn't even know what half the questions meant and the ones I did, were utter bs answers. Hoping human will be easier but there's no way I'm recovering after that
I did the same!! Human has always been my best but I've done more revision for physical.
htrowslec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm thinking about 52 for an A? last year was 55 but a nicer paper IMO
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey all, was the river 9 marker about managing conflict or how land use may result in conflict ( something along this lines)?

Thanks
cxxk
Rep:
?
(Original post by helloimlukas)
Ikr, I'm praying that there's relatively low grade boundaries and that human goes a lot better. I'm probably going to have to resit it!
SilverMusic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Betonz)
Hey all, was the river 9 marker about managing conflict or how land use may result in conflict ( something along this lines)?

Thanks
I think it was about managing conflicts although to get the marks you will have had to state and explain the conflict a little also
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it was about managing conflicts although to get the marks you will have had to state and explain the conflict a little also
I misread the question and didn't see 'managing' so I just talked about conflict what do you think the maximum mark I can get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads