The Student Room Group

AS OCR Physical Geography 17th May 2016

How did everyone find the geography exam??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:frown:
The rivers and cold questions were pretty nice, I wasn't a fan of the coasts essay however.
Reply 3
Original post by htrowslec
The rivers and cold questions were pretty nice, I wasn't a fan of the coasts essay however.

The cold environments 9 marker was terrible, about short term exploitation!!!
Original post by cxxk
The cold environments 9 marker was terrible, about short term exploitation!!!

I was quite lucky that my teacher had given us a case study on oil exploration which I used, I struggled for a second example though, what did you use?

They worded the question so much I wasn't sure what I was talking about
Reply 6
I was quite lucky that my teacher had given us a case study on oil exploration which I used, I struggled for a second example though, what did you use?

I wrote about oil reserves in Alaska, what did you write about?
I did the hot arid section and just realised I wrote about Flaura not fauna :'(
Reply 8
Original post by MaxHubbard
They worded the question so much I wasn't sure what I was talking about

Yeah I agree!! I thought the 25 marker questions were really hard to make sense of!
Reply 9
Original post by SilverMusic
I did the hot arid section and just realised I wrote about Flaura not fauna :'(

Flaura is still valid to talk about as it would effect the fauna that are able to live there!!
Original post by cxxk
Flaura is still valid to talk about as it would effect the fauna that are able to live there!!

Do you think? Im so scared now, I wanted a good grade aswell :/ Im just worried that those potential 6 marks could've been the difference between one good grade and one not so good
Reply 11
Do you think? Im so scared now, I wanted a good grade aswell :/ Im just worried that those potential 6 marks could've been the difference between one good grade and one not so good

You probably still did get some marks because flora and fauna are both effected by the same things. How did you feel the rest of the paper went?
That paper was awful. I did rivers short, deserts short and coasts long.... Tbh I didn't even know what half the questions meant and the ones I did, were utter bs answers. Hoping human will be easier but there's no way I'm recovering after that
Original post by cxxk
You probably still did get some marks because flora and fauna are both effected by the same things. How did you feel the rest of the paper went?

The rest of it was alright, Some of the past questions i didn't like but have practiced came up but omd they worded the essays weirdly
Original post by helloimlukas
That paper was awful. I did rivers short, deserts short and coasts long.... Tbh I didn't even know what half the questions meant and the ones I did, were utter bs answers. Hoping human will be easier but there's no way I'm recovering after that

I did the same!! Human has always been my best but I've done more revision for physical.
I'm thinking about 52 for an A? last year was 55 but a nicer paper IMO
Reply 16
Hey all, was the river 9 marker about managing conflict or how land use may result in conflict ( something along this lines)?

Thanks
Reply 17
Original post by helloimlukas

Ikr, I'm praying that there's relatively low grade boundaries and that human goes a lot better. I'm probably going to have to resit it!
Original post by Betonz
Hey all, was the river 9 marker about managing conflict or how land use may result in conflict ( something along this lines)?

Thanks

I think it was about managing conflicts although to get the marks you will have had to state and explain the conflict a little also :smile:
Reply 19
I think it was about managing conflicts although to get the marks you will have had to state and explain the conflict a little also :smile:

I misread the question and didn't see 'managing' so I just talked about conflict :frown: what do you think the maximum mark I can get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending