The Student Room Group

How do you think the AQA GCSE Biology 1 paper was?

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone write about lichen as a pollution indicator for SO2 on the last question?
Original post by nettogrof
So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

I sat the Foundation paper and I thought some of it was irrelevant to Biology. I mean, a question about teenage drinking?! How on earth is that anything to do with Biology? I was quite happy there was a question on Semmelweisse because that was the one topic I was extremely secure on!
Reply 122
when the invigilator told me there was 10 minutes left is when i actually started doing the paper properly. I was sooo confused!!! when does standard form come up? and i was stuck on the last page. I'm so Happy for the six marker and darwins theory. Maybe i scored 10/60. hooray. -_____-
i found it alright but my vibes afterwards wasnt very good
Reply 124
Original post by JoeyRymer
I sat the Foundation paper and I thought some of it was irrelevant to Biology. I mean, a question about teenage drinking?! How on earth is that anything to do with Biology? I was quite happy there was a question on Semmelweisse because that was the one topic I was extremely secure on!

So it wasnt just the higher paper!! they must lower the grade boundaries.
Original post by emilyc5
why did i find it so easy :frown:

I found it easy because its linked to food tech and basically common sense aha
Original post by Lucia27
Did anyone write about lichen as a pollution indicator for SO2 on the last question?

i forgot what the animals were so i wrote frog :')
Reply 127
Original post by LeoZango
I did it think it was too bad supprisingly enough!

i wish i felt the same.
Original post by jade_frenchie
i forgot what the animals were so i wrote frog :':wink:

So did I, all I remembered was the lichen but I couldn't think of another way to measure the pollution so I said filter haha
Reply 129
Original post by jade_frenchie
i forgot what the animals were so i wrote frog :':wink:

I think it asked for an animal?

i was so confused so i wrote a bird as an indicator.
I wrote a mayfly and the other indicator i wrote a dissolved oxygen meter

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it so easy, most of the questions were just common sense but the only one that stumped me for a tiny bit was the indicator species, but I put rat tailed maggots.
I seriously can't see what all the fuss was as even my friends who are not great at science found it easy. Shame there was nothing about FSH and the likes
Reply 132
Original post by ReluctantWriter
Yes! Phew . . .

No it was 15%
Original post by Roxi1602
I wrote a mayfly and the other indicator i wrote a dissolved oxygen meter

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sound all good
Reply 134
all the topics i was expecting to come didn't even show
i was really frustrated bc all my classmates found it easy but i was thrown off guard by the first few questions which made me loose my confidence throughout the rest of the paper but my ISA and unit 2 and 3 can still save me tho
Someone has shared this with me on Twitter - I hope this is the case for all of you :console:

"Where specific questions don't work as intended exam boards often exclude them so they don't affect final grade calculations. Statistical evidence will reveal whether any question can be regarded as a 'fair test' of knowledge (or not!)"
What do you guys reckon 46-47/60 will get me? Do you think I can scrape an A* considering I got full UMS in my ISA and I do well in the other units?
Original post by nettogrof
So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

It was absolutely terrible, why would they ask a business question in a science paper?
Reply 138
It was a disgusting paper! I've wasted about 50 trees on nothing that came up in the exam. Never knew "independent company" was even on the spec🙄
Reply 139
Original post by jaebum
all the topics i was expecting to come didn't even show
i was really frustrated bc all my classmates found it easy but i was thrown off guard by the first few questions which made me loose my confidence throughout the rest of the paper but my ISA and unit 2 and 3 can still save me tho

SAME! I spent about 20 mins on the first few questions because they were sort of worded weirdly, like I couldn't believe they were in a biology paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending