The Student Room Group

Did you guys find AQA B1 hard?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamOllieB
I thought the exam was easy, next to no science knowledge needed. I'm very annoyed that a lot of the syllabus was not on the exam. Cloning, Fertilisation, Menstrual cycle. I could go on.
There was just something about this years exam; It felt really dumbed down yet oddly worded.

100% agree
It's like AQA just wanted us to waste our time revising tbh
And the 6 marker... on food!?
Screw that
Original post by amy12345heart
Also, what did you get for the independent company? I just wrote it was a company not linked to others to avoid bias and cheating.

Correct
Reply 42
Had I gone into that exam knowing the definition of an "independent company" rather than "homeostasis" or "metabolic rate", then I actually might have passed.
Judging by unofficial mark scheme and my own knowledge, I'm looking at around 52-53/60. Any ideas what grade this would be?
Original post by charlotte100200
100% agree
It's like AQA just wanted us to waste our time revising tbh
And the 6 marker... on food!?
Screw that

On all the possible 6 markers!
[QUOTE=gabsdl;64883215]Had I gone into that exam knowing the definition of an "independent company" rather than "homeostasis" or "metabolic rate", then I actually might have passed.

This comment made my day
Reply 46
Original post by idrathernotsay
you dont find out about grade boundaries until they release the result but then i think i think A* should be around 43/60. Thats me giving an educated guess though

thanks
Reply 47
Original post by Redcoats
Judging by unofficial mark scheme and my own knowledge, I'm looking at around 52-53/60. Any ideas what grade this would be?

Definitely an A*. The highest grade boundary for an A* from the last 4 years is 47/60, and I bet it'll be a pretty low boundary this year :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by muffindodge
well rip me, i just put about lichens and air pollution

Same , it got to the point where I couldn't be bothered to read the question, oh well only two more to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending