Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else completely baffled by the biology exam? I'm screwed...

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 26-29 marks not sure what that would be though. I normally get marks from multiple choice questions, but there was only technically 1 in the paper!

ReputationRep:
    i had a ocmr science biology exam 2day
    tbh me n some of my class found it a bit hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranPRTL)
    I think I got around 26-29 marks not sure what that would be though. I normally get marks from multiple choice questions, but there was only technically 1 in the paper!
    Are you referring to the OCR 21st century Spec A or OCR Gateway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddique247)
    Are you referring to the OCR 21st century Spec A or OCR Gateway?
    I took the spec A

ReputationRep:
    I found it pretty easy tbh, did a fair bit of revision though.

ReputationRep:
    I loved there was nothing about the nitrogen and carbon cycle!

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the question on the minimum concentration of antibodies? I got 1.2 au but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    I got 3.3 au :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I got 3.4 au on that one and my brother got 3.5, not too sure how though

ReputationRep:
    I got 3.65!

ReputationRep:
    I got 3.5?

I didn't think I'd need to revise Neanderthal dentistry, Ebola and twins with too much product in their hair. I literally dedicated an hour two the cycles and nothing. God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    I got 3.5?

I didn't think I'd need to revise Neanderthal dentistry, Ebola and twins with too much product in their hair. I literally dedicated an hour two the cycles and nothing. God.
    Oh god, yes. The hours that I dedicated to learning about the heart, cystic fibrosis, genetic testing and the cycles. It was honestly as if I was taking a test from a completely different exam board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basicallykaya)
    Oh god, yes. The hours that I dedicated to learning about the heart, cystic fibrosis, genetic testing and the cycles. It was honestly as if I was taking a test from a completely different exam board.
    Exactly!! The amount of time it took me to understand how the heart works and there was literally nothing on it!

ReputationRep:
    what did anyone put for the 6 mark question on twins and why scientists should or shouldnt test on them?

ReputationRep:
    i put that it's unethical :0 I'm not sure if it's right

ReputationRep:
    The OCR examiners put as much heart into designing the test as there actually was on the test.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.