Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

More info the U.S. goverment dosnt want you to know!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well, i watched the CBC last night, and a program was on that gave me a lot of info on what really goes on in Iraq.

Bush praises Freedom and democracy in iraq,

A U.S. reservists went to iraq when he was called up. He was an electrical technician and he was told he was going to set up radio stations for the iraq's. Instead he was setting up radio stations that pumped out U.S. army propoganda to the Iraqes.

30% of U.S. troops in Iraq think that the war is not for a just cause.

U.S. goverment has kept tight media controll on the war, the banning of showing coffins draped on the american flag, injured U.S. soldiers and other things. The footage of saddam in his hearing was controlled by the U.S. goverment. You never got to see the whole hearing just parts that were "acceptable"

british generals in Iraq find that the American handleing of insurgents is unacceptable, and is just increasing the hate for the coalition.

The U.S. has just switched its 3 star general to a 4 star general in iraq, I wonder why?

I bet you might see conscription in the U.S. They are very short of troops and in 1 year 40% of the troops in iraq will be reservists. Now, do you think resevists can handle those situations going on over here, no.

its vietnam all over again, and i bet not much will change with either party with the election in the fall. The U.S. cares too much about its image.

ReputationRep:
    expecting a user whose username starts with v and ends with a number to post on this topic shortly...

ReputationRep:
    and what might you man by that?

ReputationRep:
    Many users here debate on certain issues, many just not bother with general chat and stick with D+D. As you spend enough time on here you can more or less build a profile of certain users.

What's the debate over your thread going to be? What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    sorry to be dumb. but cbc??????? what channel is that?

ReputationRep:
    Canadian Broadcasting Channel? Their form of the BBC I suppose.

As with everything like this, beware of political biases

ReputationRep:
    this thread is really the same as the bush cv one maybe you should create an extra sub forum for anti bushisms since there seem to be so many

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    this thread is really the same as the bush cv one maybe you should create an extra sub forum for anti bushisms since there seem to be so many
    Erm Bush is mentioned once so I don't quite see how this is that similar?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of random stuff here.. I think best to respond to each section on its own:

A U.S. reservists went to iraq when he was called up. He was an electrical technician and he was told he was going to set up radio stations for the iraq's. Instead he was setting up radio stations that pumped out U.S. army propoganda to the Iraqes
    What does this mean? You say he was told he was going to set up radio stations, instead he was setting up radio stations? What sort of propoganda? Any proof? You told us the random side information and missed out the important part!

U.S. goverment has kept tight media controll on the war, the banning of showing coffins draped on the american flag, injured U.S. soldiers and other things. The footage of saddam in his hearing was controlled by the U.S. goverment. You never got to see the whole hearing just parts that were "acceptable"
    That is sensible. You don't show injured US soldiers on TV… there was an incident in England in the second world war where they showed British soldiers being shot and injured and everyone was horrified, like runnind round the cinema screaming! It is sometimes nessecary to do this. The footage of Saddam being broardcast with no sound was the idea of the Iraqis, by the way.

I bet you might see conscription in the U.S. They are very short of troops and in 1 year 40% of the troops in iraq will be reservists. Now, do you think resevists can handle those situations going on over here, no.

its vietnam all over again, and i bet not much will change with either party with the election in the fall. The U.S. cares too much about its image.
    Why can't the reservists handle the situation? It's not like they haven't been trained. I don't think you're being fair on them… if they aren't used in a war (or post war peacekeeping), what are they used for? They are still part of the army. And I doubt you'd see conscription at this late stage in Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    Now the debate is rolling

ReputationRep:
    The U.S. is controlling what the media can show about the war, they dont want to repeat the vietnam war because they think they will lose support, and it is most likely they will if they do.

reservists arent soldiers really, they are people who train once or twice a month, they arent trained as well as the rest of the army. They shouldnt send them.

and the part about the U.S. soldier putting army propeganda on iraqi radio is on this show on CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/disclosure/archives/040120.html#army

now, this is a big batch of info, read and weep yank lover!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    and what might you man by that?
    A rather prolific debator on this forum, who goes by the name of vienna is an adament supporter of Bush, and no doubt will pounce upon the points raised in your title post soon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)

http://www.cbc.ca/disclosure/archives/040120.html#army

When George W. Bush declared war on Saddam Hussein, Americans rallied behind their president. But with 500 soldiers dead – and counting – there are growing doubts about the war.
    i dont see how the figure is relevant in this sentence. 500 being roughly 1% of the Vietnam casualties and less than died in the Slapton Sands D-Day training exercise.

Some of the sharpest criticism is from unexpected quarters: soldiers in the American army who say this just isn’t what they signed up for.
    fighting an enemy? firing a gun? or having to hand out toiletries to schoolchildren, policing the iraqi streets? soldiers in vietnam would swap places in an instant.

But how far are these individuals willing to take their protest? Are they ready to desert their brothers in arms, even go to jail instead of going to war?

Those questions brought Disclosure's Gillian Findlay in touch with an underground movement and a young man who is AWOL in America.
    well done to him. its better he doesnt serve if he feels morally or politically uncomfortable with it. the same cannot be said for the thousands who serve with pride in the belief that this is the right thing.

NOTE: According to a recent CBS News poll, 50% of Americans now think the war is not worth the loss of life and other costs.
    and by that count, 50% do. and the percentage who actually support the moral and political justification for the war ?

now, this is a big batch of info, read and weep yank lover!!!
    im aware they are new, but please feel free to read over the posting guidelines in the 'Read Me' sticky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    and no doubt will pounce upon the points raised in your title post soon....
    come now, even i have little time for such trivial incoherence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    come now, even i have little time for such trivial incoherence.

You have to admit, it was very predictable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i dont see how the figure is relevant in this sentence. 500 being roughly 1% of the Vietnam casualties and less than died in the Slapton Sands D-Day training exercise.
    i don't think the figure is the point of the sentence the point is that the number of dying soldiers is increasing doubts over the war though its a bit late for that now should have thought of that one before shouldn't they. Also the news keeps trickling news of new death which is worse for morale than say finding out that 500 men died in 1 day

ReputationRep:
    vienna 95 did you watch the video, more to learn there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, generally speaking, a Bush fan. I'm just not.

He is, i think, rash, ill-minded, and aware of his father's legacy and the emotion invoked(rightly so!) post 9/11. So he invades Iraq, gets rid of Saddam. Excellent, I'm Pro-Bush so far. Then we find no WMD. Oohh, its getting risky now, but i'll still put my faith in him for the time being. Then the US takes control of the Oil, ok, there are arguments for doing so and i'll play along again. Then, we find that Bush has no current plans to intervene in Zimbab.. Hmmm.....ok, but Mugabe's HR record is surely as bad as Saddams. Then we here about North Korea. And i've got it. He's scared. He's scared of Iraq manipulating its oil supply and forcing the price up. He's scared that N. Korea will go all Enola Gay on him and that his country will be screwed.

It saddens me that someone soo scared can be the most powerful man in the world. (arguably). If Bush wants to play WORLD POLICEMAN then he's bloody well got to do it properly. Not just intervene in the countries that affect America. the sooner he does it properly, the sooner i'll be pro-bush again.

But George W, do it right. Have a little decency and here what your people say about your policies. And don't think that just because your Father saved a whole country that you must do the same. Iraq is only marginally better now than it was under Saddam. This isn't a war on terrorism, its a shambles. Bush wants to help "liberate" the Iraqis but not those under Mugabe. Whats the difference, we are all here as part of the human race, if you can help one, you can damn well help us all. Oh wait, i've got it, he realises that Mugabe isnt a threat to his presidency till he's got oil (in which case Bush will say he has WMD to drum up support) or till hes got WMD (in which case Bush will line his underwear and pray to God that somebody likes him).

Just my opinion, and i know some of you won't like it. But this is D + D, right ?

Marc

PS Canuck, sometimes its right for the Media not to get to know, because the sensitivity level in each person will be different. Some will cry at what happens, some wont care. The point is, the govmnt MUST make decisions about certain information because its dangerous to disclose. you may not like it, but sometimes you just have to hope that your gvmnt isnt corrupt, and that what they choose not to disclose has been withheld on its own merits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    It saddens me that someone soo scared can be the most powerful man in the world. (arguably). If Bush wants to play WORLD POLICEMAN then he's bloody well got to do it properly. Not just intervene in the countries that affect America.
    I agree. Isn't there also a potential genocide going on that he isn't doing much about either. He should atleast be consistant.

ReputationRep:
    consistency is, alas, not his forté. shame really. the sooner he sorts himself out the better. damn bush.

ps i think you may well be the first person to agree in its entirity with something i say. ever. hurrah

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.