Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

More info the U.S. goverment dosnt want you to know!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    I'm not, generally speaking, a Bush fan. I'm just not.

He is, i think, rash, ill-minded, and aware of his father's legacy and the emotion invoked(rightly so!) post 9/11. So he invades Iraq, gets rid of Saddam. Excellent, I'm Pro-Bush so far. Then we find no WMD. Oohh, its getting risky now, but i'll still put my faith in him for the time being. Then the US takes control of the Oil, ok, there are arguments for doing so and i'll play along again. Then, we find that Bush has no current plans to intervene in Zimbab.. Hmmm.....ok, but Mugabe's HR record is surely as bad as Saddams. Then we here about North Korea. And i've got it. He's scared. He's scared of Iraq manipulating its oil supply and forcing the price up. He's scared that N. Korea will go all Enola Gay on him and that his country will be screwed.

It saddens me that someone soo scared can be the most powerful man in the world. (arguably). If Bush wants to play WORLD POLICEMAN then he's bloody well got to do it properly. Not just intervene in the countries that affect America. the sooner he does it properly, the sooner i'll be pro-bush again.

But George W, do it right. Have a little decency and here what your people say about your policies. And don't think that just because your Father saved a whole country that you must do the same. Iraq is only marginally better now than it was under Saddam. This isn't a war on terrorism, its a shambles. Bush wants to help "liberate" the Iraqis but not those under Mugabe. Whats the difference, we are all here as part of the human race, if you can help one, you can damn well help us all. Oh wait, i've got it, he realises that Mugabe isnt a threat to his presidency till he's got oil (in which case Bush will say he has WMD to drum up support) or till hes got WMD (in which case Bush will line his underwear and pray to God that somebody likes him).

Just my opinion, and i know some of you won't like it. But this is D + D, right ?

Marc

PS Canuck, sometimes its right for the Media not to get to know, because the sensitivity level in each person will be different. Some will cry at what happens, some wont care. The point is, the govmnt MUST make decisions about certain information because its dangerous to disclose. you may not like it, but sometimes you just have to hope that your gvmnt isnt corrupt, and that what they choose not to disclose has been withheld on its own merits.
    ummm i think if Bush did suddenly decide to play world policeman and attack any country he felt was a threat there could be some very serious opposition you can't have some psycho invading countries because he's afraid they might maybe possibly attack him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    I'm not, generally speaking, a Bush fan. I'm just not.

He is, i think, rash, ill-minded,
    why? to say someone is ill minded is a pretty strong statement.

and aware of his father's legacy
    what legacy is that?

and the emotion invoked(rightly so!) post 9/11. So he invades Iraq, gets rid of Saddam. Excellent, I'm Pro-Bush so far. Then we find no WMD. Oohh, its getting risky now,
    why, it doesnt detract from the reason that Bush went to war.

but i'll still put my faith in him for the time being. Then the US takes control of the Oil, ok, there are arguments for doing so and i'll play along again.
    they defended the iraqi oil infrastructure because it is the sole export that Iraq relies on, and will get the Iraqi economy humming. all of the profits from Iraqi oil sales are going to the Iraqi people, the americans dont own anything.

Then, we find that Bush has no current plans to intervene in Zimbab.. Hmmm.....ok, but Mugabe's HR record is surely as bad as Saddams.
    if Mugabe walked into an Arab League Summit he would be the most democratically elected man in the room.

Then we here about North Korea. And i've got it. He's scared. He's scared of Iraq manipulating its oil supply and forcing the price up.
    if you only just heard about N.Korea i doubt you do 'get it'. the US along with allies are applying pressure to N.Korea, it is entirely different proposition to Iraq and the reasons for military force there.

He's scared that N. Korea will go all Enola Gay on him and that his country will be screwed.
    he's pursuing a long term diplomatic route. its the flexibility of US foreign policy. its common sense.

It saddens me that someone soo scared can be the most powerful man in the world. (arguably).
    i dont really understand this talk of fear.

If Bush wants to play WORLD POLICEMAN then he's bloody well got to do it properly.
    hes playing, ill use American power as i see fit to primarily benefit and protect US interest and if possible help the rest of the world.

Not just intervene in the countries that affect America.
    why not? the US has its fingers in alot of pies, whether they be in a financial, political or military capacity.

the sooner he does it properly, the sooner i'll be pro-bush again.
    i dont think hell miss ur support...

But George W, do it right. Have a little decency and here what your people say about your policies. And don't think that just because your Father saved a whole country that you must do the same.
    im sorry?

Iraq is only marginally better now than it was under Saddam. This isn't a war on terrorism, its a shambles. Bush wants to help "liberate" the Iraqis but not those under Mugabe. Whats the difference, we are all here as part of the human race, if you can help one, you can damn well help us all. Oh wait, i've got it, he realises that Mugabe isnt a threat to his presidency till he's got oil (in which case Bush will say he has WMD to drum up support) or till hes got WMD (in which case Bush will line his underwear and pray to God that somebody likes him).

Just my opinion, and i know some of you won't like it. But this is D + D, right ?
    im not commenting on the rest

Vienna, I find your absolute support for that demented chimp in the White House to be rather boring. Surely as a frog you should be condemning the Anglo-Saxon way. It doesn't suit a froggie to support the Anglo-Saxon way in such a blind way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    Vienna, I find your absolute support for that demented chimp in the White House to be rather boring. Surely as a frog you should be condemning the Anglo-Saxon way.
    please read the 'Read Me' sticky.

(Original post by vienna95)
    please read the 'Read Me' sticky.
    nah

ReputationRep:
    nah
    then dont expect to be taken with any sense of credibility here.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna, I find your absolute support for that demented chimp in the White House to be rather boring. Surely as a frog you should be condemning the Anglo-Saxon way. It doesn't suit a froggie to support the Anglo-Saxon way in such a blind way.
    Let me guess, Foreign Relations and Dilpomacy was not a high priority when you decided what to study ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Let me guess, Foreign Relations and Dilpomacy was not a high priority when you decided what to study ?
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    then dont expect to be taken with any sense of credibility here.

Just an LSE guy has irritated everyone in the Debate forum, he's been racist and insulting towards me and others on here

(Original post by John Paul Jones)
    Just an LSE guy has irritated everyone in the Debate forum, he's been racist and insulting towards me and others on here
    Save your moral violence for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    He wasnt talking to you!

(Original post by Jonatan)
    He wasnt talking to you!
    Dont collaborate with John, Jona

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness you have been preety horrible to him what with saying that he should go home to norway and everything else. I am not surprised that he is a bit annoyed.

(Original post by randdom)
    In all fairness you have been preety horrible to him what with saying that he should go home to norway and everything else. I am not surprised that he is a bit annoyed.
    What's wrong with Norway?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Norway?
    Absolutely nothing. But the fact that you practically told him that he was a viking barbarian and that he should go back to norway may be considered just a tad insulting.

Absolutely nothing. But the fact that you practically told him that he was a viking barbarian and that he should go back to norway may be considered just a tad insulting.
    Oh right I see.

ReputationRep:
    if you wish to continue this tit for tat tripe, feel free to do it in the General Chat forum, not here. please.

if you wish to continue this tit for tat tripe, feel free to do it in the General Chat forum, not here. please.
    One has to question the mental health of a person who takes pride that the subforum they participate on a UK LEARNING website (I note that you're in FRANCE and WORKING) is more distinguished than another subforum on the same website.

ReputationRep:
    hey LSE guy.

i don't agree with Vienna's views on Bush, and i don't agree with many others' views on other topics. But i don't resort to name calling like a 5 year old. The forum promotes free and open discussion. NOT ingnorance and childishness. Grow up, or take your pathetic "she said, he said" attitude elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Isn't there also a potential genocide going on that he isn't doing much about either. He should atleast be consistant.
    I'd rather think of us as the world's firemen, not policemen.
    I think it's unreasonable to expect the United States to put out fires everywhere in the world, especially when we can't depend on others for help. We are a very powerful country, but we can't do everything ourselves. You complain that we got rid of a man that killed millions of people and, at the same time, are complaining about us ignoring other problems in the world. We are criticised when we take action and criticised when we don't take action. I think you just want to criticise Bush and no matter what he decides to do is going to be wrong.
    When Milosevic was removed from power, Europe did everything they could to help Clinton. When the Bush wanted to remove Saddam Hussein from power, countries like France and Germany did everything possible to stand in our way.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.