cathartic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ive had to leave my c1 revison to the night before, i really want a b, is it impossible to move from a D to a B within a few hours of revision? My plan is to do all the questions by topic so i understand how to tackle the types of questions by practising them and then to do the 2013 - 2015 paper and then do Solomon papers
Harraseda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you work hard, then it may be possible, if unlikely. Your plan sounds reasonably solid; perhaps focus on learning topics you aren't hugely confident on, or try a paper first, to highlight areas of weakness.
Make sure you know all the co-ordinate geometry formulas!
Hannah003
Badges: 2
Report 5 years ago
If you really try, you can do it!!
Good luck
Sirelis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Focus on the topics you struggle with
techfan42
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cathartic)
Ive had to leave my c1 revison to the night before, i really want a b, is it impossible to move from a D to a B within a few hours of revision? My plan is to do all the questions by topic so i understand how to tackle the types of questions by practising them and then to do the 2013 - 2015 paper and then do Solomon papers
Why would you leave it to the last minute?:gasp:
rahuleo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes it is possible. Revise the mark schemes of past papers and read the examiners reports!
learja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Focus on doing past papers (use exam solutions) and see what you cannot do and work on that. Exam solutions has helpful videos on method of working out each topic
cathartic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Harraseda)
If you work hard, then it may be possible, if unlikely. Your plan sounds reasonably solid; perhaps focus on learning topics you aren't hugely confident on, or try a paper first, to highlight areas of weakness.
Make sure you know all the co-ordinate geometry formulas!
Would you recommend doing an allnighter ? And is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it

Posted from TSR Mobile
cathartic
Rep:
?
(Original post by learja)
Focus on doing past papers (use exam solutions) and see what you cannot do and work on that. Exam solutions has helpful videos on method of working out each topic
Hey is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it. Also would you recommend doing an allnighter my exams in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
cathartic
Rep:
?
(Original post by rahuleo)
Yes it is possible. Revise the mark schemes of past papers and read the examiners reports!
Hey is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it. Also would you recommend an allnighter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harraseda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would you recommend doing an allnighter ? And is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't do an allnighter; the exam is in the morning, and you should really try to get some sleep. Maybe wake up an hour or so before you normally would and do a bit then?
Questions by topic is a good way to do things, though, go for that.
thefatone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
no

do past paper questions and cram as much as possible and remembe the things you got wrong, remember how to do them right then sleep a decent 7 hours at least
HappyNeverAfters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just spent the last 7 hours revising for C1 and managed to go up from 60% to 91% on a past paper. I looked back through all the past papers I did, wrote down every question I didn't get full marks on and did them all again. Mr Barton's maths is a good website where it gives you his written solutions for every past paper. Identify the reoccurring problems and do lots of questions on those topics. You'll be good to go in a few hours! Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
bluemadhatter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeps I'm doing it, also do loads of gold papers because they are a collection of the hardest exam questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise