Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive had to leave my c1 revison to the night before, i really want a b, is it impossible to move from a D to a B within a few hours of revision? My plan is to do all the questions by topic so i understand how to tackle the types of questions by practising them and then to do the 2013 - 2015 paper and then do Solomon papers

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard, then it may be possible, if unlikely. Your plan sounds reasonably solid; perhaps focus on learning topics you aren't hugely confident on, or try a paper first, to highlight areas of weakness.
    Make sure you know all the co-ordinate geometry formulas!

If you really try, you can do it!!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Focus on the topics you struggle with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathartic)
    Ive had to leave my c1 revison to the night before, i really want a b, is it impossible to move from a D to a B within a few hours of revision? My plan is to do all the questions by topic so i understand how to tackle the types of questions by practising them and then to do the 2013 - 2015 paper and then do Solomon papers
    Why would you leave it to the last minute?:gasp:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is possible. Revise the mark schemes of past papers and read the examiners reports!

ReputationRep:
    Focus on doing past papers (use exam solutions) and see what you cannot do and work on that. Exam solutions has helpful videos on method of working out each topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harraseda)
    If you work hard, then it may be possible, if unlikely. Your plan sounds reasonably solid; perhaps focus on learning topics you aren't hugely confident on, or try a paper first, to highlight areas of weakness.
    Make sure you know all the co-ordinate geometry formulas!
    Would you recommend doing an allnighter ? And is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learja)
    Focus on doing past papers (use exam solutions) and see what you cannot do and work on that. Exam solutions has helpful videos on method of working out each topic
    Hey is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it. Also would you recommend doing an allnighter my exams in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahuleo)
    Yes it is possible. Revise the mark schemes of past papers and read the examiners reports!
    Hey is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it. Also would you recommend an allnighter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend doing an allnighter ? And is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't do an allnighter; the exam is in the morning, and you should really try to get some sleep. Maybe wake up an hour or so before you normally would and do a bit then?
    Questions by topic is a good way to do things, though, go for that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no

do past paper questions and cram as much as possible and remembe the things you got wrong, remember how to do them right then sleep a decent 7 hours at least

ReputationRep:
    I just spent the last 7 hours revising for C1 and managed to go up from 60% to 91% on a past paper. I looked back through all the past papers I did, wrote down every question I didn't get full marks on and did them all again. Mr Barton's maths is a good website where it gives you his written solutions for every past paper. Identify the reoccurring problems and do lots of questions on those topics. You'll be good to go in a few hours! Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeps I'm doing it, also do loads of gold papers because they are a collection of the hardest exam questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.