The Student Room Group

Ocr latin language tomorrow 17/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Predicted grade boundaries??
Original post by dance25
Not sure tbh.. Maybe major but hopefully just a minor error
I think they're quite particular with vocab though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh they are aren't they. Consilium can mean plan though so fingers crossed. Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)

Hopefully fairly low, it wasn't as easy a paper as language 1, so....
Reply 103
Original post by 14Abbott
Hopefully fairly low, it wasn't as easy a paper as language 1, so....

still 2 papers to go so a lot to be decided
Original post by igggy
still 2 papers to go so a lot to be decided

True true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would I lose all 4 marks if I translated a perfect passive participle as an ablative absolute? :frown: Stupid I know...
Would I lose all 4 marks if I translated a perfect passive participle as an ablative absolute? :frown: Stupid I know...

No! I think one mark max!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25
No! I think one mark max!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaahhhhhh thank you! You have relieved me from a lot of stress 😌
Original post by dance25
Not sure tbh.. Maybe major but hopefully just a minor error
I think they're quite particular with vocab though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

To seek their plan as a literal translation is correct (both of those words can translate as that in the world list). So I would say most likely just a minor error

I would say 55/60 A* for Paper 1 (49/60 A) as it was fairly easy and possibly 53/60 A* and (47/60 A) for Paper 2 as it was slightly harder but still not the worst history paper I've ever seen! I don't really know though aha :tongue:

I found paper 2 easier than paper 1, anyone else?
Original post by fuzz13
I would say 55/60 A* for Paper 1 (49/60 A) as it was fairly easy and possibly 53/60 A* and (47/60 A) for Paper 2 as it was slightly harder but still not the worst history paper I've ever seen! I don't really know though aha :tongue:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just you hun 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
for opprimerent (cant remember the word exactly) could you write "they defeated" instead of "they crushed"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Original post by fuzz13

that would make an a star 90% so i doubt it
Original post by Spinal tap
To seek their plan as a literal translation is correct (both of those words can translate as that in the world list). So I would say most likely just a minor error

Thank you, you have given me hope!
Considering some of you know how much I love doing these...

Predicted Grade Boundaries for Language 2:
49: A*
41: A
32: B
26: C
<26=D
Reply 115
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Considering some of you know how much I love doing these...

Predicted Grade Boundaries for Language 2:
49: A*
41: A
32: B
26: C
<26=D

Thank you for that 49 keeping my hopes alive!!
Original post by igggy
Thank you for that 49 keeping my hopes alive!!

When people are debating even over the 1 and 2 mark questions, it means there's definitely going to be fairly low grade boundaries; besides, the average grade boundary for an A* in Latin is 46-48...

Hopefully, as a non private school student..I bring it down :tongue::wink:

[That's no insult to private school students- I had to leave the independent school into which I obtained a scholarship in language and mathematics...]
Reply 117
When people are debating even over the 1 and 2 mark questions, it means there's definitely going to be fairly low grade boundaries; besides, the average grade boundary for an A* in Latin is 46-48...

Hopefully, as a non private school student..I bring it down :tongue::wink:

[That's no insult to private school students- I had to leave the independent school into which I obtained a scholarship in language and mathematics...]

congrats man u must be a clever dude! I got to a private school so hopefully its worth it
Original post by igggy
congrats man u must be a clever dude! I got to a private school so hopefully its worth it

Well I wouldn't say clever...but rather 'focused extremely heavily on my interests'.

That is, I can speak a number of languages [8 to be exact], am doing 15 GCSEs, and 2 AS Levels, and became a member of Mensa at the age of 6.

Somehow though, I'm struggling to get an A* in my GCSEs...
Reply 119
Well I wouldn't say clever...but rather 'focused extremely heavily on my interests'.

That is, I can speak a number of languages [8 to be exact], am doing 15 GCSEs, and 2 AS Levels, and became a member of Mensa at the age of 6.

Somehow though, I'm struggling to get an A* in my GCSEs...

damn congrats and good luck! I'm sure u will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending