The Student Room Group

Oxbridge PGCE Dilemma!

Hi guys,

New to the forum so need a bit of advice!
I have a conditional offer from one of the Oxbridge universities (do not want to say which one just incase) to study PGCE English and the only thjng left for me is to pass the Maths Skills test.

I am currently in a full time job at a big telecommunications company in their head office. I really enjoy my job, people are great, salary is decent for my age.

My parents really want me to go to the university and a part of me too but I am scared. I dont want to regret it as i would be leaving a well paid job and going back to education.

Ultimately I want to teach abroad which I know I have wanted to do for a while but is this realistic? I am really stuck and constantly in two minds! I feel so unsure and 'what ifs?' Keep playing in my mind.

HELP!!
Reply 1
Teach abroad in what way?
There's no way a teaching qualification from an internationally-known university would put you at a disadvantage while teaching abroad.
However, do you actually want to teach English, or English as a foreign language? I think a secondary English course might be a waste of time if you want to teach the latter.
Surely you're planning to leave your job anyway if you want to teach abroad?
If you're worrying about the maths skills test, don't. It's easier than the practise tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending