I FAILED biology- AMA. Watch

_Xenon_
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
well yeah I failed. ask me anything and yes I am angry and sad...
Neal.Caffery
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Xenon_)
Which parts did you find difficult?
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
noo you didn't...unless you really did give up and didn't bother trying out the questions
_Xenon_
(Original post by ihatePE)
noo you didn't...unless you really did give up and didn't bother trying out the questions
that is what I did. I gave up
_Xenon_
(Original post by Neal.Caffery)
Which parts did you find difficult?
EVERYTHING except the 6 marker but pretty sure 6/60 is a U.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh well on the bright side, you're not doing bio next year at A levels so it probs doesnt even matter!
a.jacob
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This was only your first science exam, If you smash your other science exams then, your grade will go up. Besides the grade boundaries should be low this year because everyone thought that this exam was hard.
samkajj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you complete all of the questions?
...imrah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tad exaggerated. You still have 2 exams left to do better
_Xenon_
(Original post by k.m.b)
Did you complete all of the questions?
no i missed half the paper
_Xenon_
(Original post by a.jacob)
This was only your first science exam, If you smash your other science exams then, your grade will go up. Besides the grade boundaries should be low this year because everyone thought that this exam was hard.
i gave up so not sure...
_Xenon_
(Original post by ...imrah)
tad exaggerated. You still have 2 exams left to do better
yeah .
B1 = U
B2 =
B3 =
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
listen,

ok, the paper was hard, in fact the paper was stupid (as ive been told) but think about it, you still have bio modules 4,5,6 right? and you also have that 25% coursework? (right?) you still have time to gain more marks and get a higher grade

dont dwell on the exam you've just taken, think about how you could improve! the more you worry about the exam, the more "angry" and "sad" you'll feel..

and that could affect other exams you might be having..

dont let this one exam mess up others, ok?

cheer up yeah?
and revise, think about what you can do to improve

oh and make sure u relax ok? go out for a bit, take some time out to think

edit: i signed a petition for the grade boundaries to be lowered, so i hope something is done about it

here the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-t...edium=copyLink
_Xenon_
(Original post by mariam687)
listen,

ok, the paper was hard, in fact the paper was stupid (as ive been told) but think about it, you still have bio modules 4,5,6 right? and you also have that 25% coursework? (right?) you still have time to gain more marks and get a higher grade

dont dwell on the exam you've just taken, think about how you could improve! the more you worry about the exam, the more "angry" and "sad" you'll feel..

and that could affect other exams you might be having..

dont let this one exam mess up others, ok?

cheer up yeah?
and revise, think about what you can do to improve

oh and make sure u relax ok? go out for a bit, take some time out to think
Thanks!
What should I revise for chemistry though??
M14B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks!
What should I revise for chemistry though??
chemistry 1,2,3?

revise on what you really find difficult, dont revise over everything again, you're just wasting time then

here's a website i recommend:http://www.gcsescience.com/gcse-chemistry-revision.htm

these topics, i actually find diffcult and most exams include these topics (on the website above)

and also, do PASTPAPERS i cant stress how important this is, it'll help you get used to the exam and what could happen, and you never know, one of the questions in the past papers may come up or may be similar
Imjustaloner
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, if you think about it, if everyone found it difficult, chances are the grade boundaries would be lower anyway, and from what I heard, everyone did say it was difficult, so don't beat yourself up for it. There's always thing you can make up for it, so if you think about it you have unit 2 and 3 to help boost your marks, as well as your ISA, so don't worry about it. I remember I walked out of the exam, and everyone was talking about the exam and the answers. Sadly I overheard them, and none of my answers matched, and I got super depressed about it. I told my mum about it and she said that as long as you tried your best and show it through, you'll be awarded some marks. So I immediately started upping my game up, and on results day, i was super scared I failed biology, but I got an A, and I was super happy, so don't bet yourself up, you always have an chance you change it!
_Xenon_
(Original post by Imjustaloner)
Well, if you think about it, if everyone found it difficult, chances are the grade boundaries would be lower anyway, and from what I heard, everyone did say it was difficult, so don't beat yourself up for it. There's always thing you can make up for it, so if you think about it you have unit 2 and 3 to help boost your marks, as well as your ISA, so don't worry about it. I remember I walked out of the exam, and everyone was talking about the exam and the answers. Sadly I overheard them, and none of my answers matched, and I got super depressed about it. I told my mum about it and she said that as long as you tried your best and show it through, you'll be awarded some marks. So I immediately started upping my game up, and on results day, i was super scared I failed biology, but I got an A, and I was super happy, so don't bet yourself up, you always have an chance you change it!
i missed half the paper though
hopex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no i missed half the paper
I answered all questions but I wrote a load of crap and guessed everything I wouldn't even count that as a bioogy exam
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Then why did you put a smiley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads