The Student Room Group

As edexcel geography unit 1

Who did question 9 for section B of unit 1 and what did you put?
Reply 1
I did
9a) I wrote about how the acceleration of globalisation has led to and increased trade flow. Things like TNCs, New markets in developing countries and Transport and technology advances. Also I wrote a small amount of trade blocs such as the EU and NAFTA . I tried to refer to the source in some way.

9b) I wrote about London and how it is switched on through its service sector, stable government, Access through shipping etc I also wrote about Saudia Arabia and how that is part of the OPEC and uses its comparative advantage of oil to stay switched on. Then i wrote about Zimbarbwae and its corrupt government as well as it being landlocked. I also wrote about Las Vagas being an unusual switched on place and Siere leone being an unusual switched off
Yep i did question 9 and i did exactly what he said apart from i couldnt rememebrt that malawi was the landlocked nation so i wrote nambia :tongue: oh well but the concept i got correct so i guess thats all that matters
Reply 3
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok for 9a I practically wrote the same but for 9b I did China as a switched on place and Gambia as a switched off place coz those are the case studies we were taught
Reply 4
Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the paper overall? I found it quite easy but a lot of people found it hard
Reply 5
Original post by #Sabrina#
Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the paper overall? I found it quite easy but a lot of people found it hard

It wasn't too bad, does anyone have the mark scheme
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a chance your teacher might have the mark scheme because I think they get to see the paper on the morning of the exam :smile: not to sure though
Reply 7
Original post by #Sabrina#
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok for 9a I practically wrote the same but for 9b I did China as a switched on place and Gambia as a switched off place coz those are the case studies we were taught

I'm glad someone did that same for me for part a as I felt like I answered that 10marker wrong 😂
Reply 8
Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol hopefully I got above 6 marks for that question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending