The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Didn't see a 6 mark question whatsoever in last year's (June 2015) Economics F582 AS exam.
Still got 86 UMS haha, couldve got close to 100 if i had answered it!
In yesterday's Religious Studies exam I chose the wrong question and managed to answer a 27 mark part to my paper that we hadn't studied :s-smilie:
I remember during my higher IGCSE maths paper, I looked at one of the questions near the front of the paper which was worth 1 mark I think (I can't remember what it was exactly) and thought 'oh that's easy, I won't bother using my calculator', so I didn't but when I got home and checked on a calculator, I'd got the answer wrong :facepalm:

I've never made the mistake of being cocky since :biggrin:
This was a mock exam, but instead of writing about cloning, I wrote about adoption (still got an A*).
Reply 5

Spoiler

This is in my language, Albanian. I am trying to speek englesh
Reply 6
probably getting ethane and ethene confused :/ and not realising that a 'moles' value can be in standard form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did

4x4=4
Reply 8
For all my A-level Maths exams, I always get 2+2 and 12-5 wrong.
3x1=4
Reply 10
Did all the working in a computing exam correctly for a stupid, simple binary question.

Accidentally missed off one of the 0s in the answer box.

Examiner was not generous.

Cost me the A*.:frown:
For my french exam i said the lady was blind

Spoiler

When I did my GCSE physics, I remember getting weird answers to the reflective index questions, only when I got home did I realise my calculator was in radians the whole time...that was like 5 easy marks down the drain!
Reply 13
Original post by Bulletzone
This was a mock exam, but instead of writing about cloning, I wrote about adoption (still got an A*).

late reply but how the hell did you get an a* even though writing about the wrong topic????:congrats:

how many marks was that question :confused:
Original post by Tropojanja
late reply but how the hell did you get an a* even though writing about the wrong topic????:congrats:

how many marks was that question :confused:

6 :biggrin:

I referred to a bible teaching that could be linked to that verse and somehow wrote about it which can got me 3 Marks and everyone else was all correct.
Well in my C1 GCSE the other day I wrote about the Carbon Dioxide test instead of the Chlorine test as I didn't read the question carefully. I was slightly confused as to why people were talking about litmus paper after, but then I realised how stupid I was.. (Probably the easiest question on the paper aswell)
Love this thread :biggrin: We've all done stuff like this.... Good luck for the rest of your exams, folks who are still taking them :headbang:
In my mock I think I wrote 5 + 3 = 2 :colonhash:
My maths teacher literally looked at me as if I was the dumbest sh*t when he gave it back :redface:

Spoiler

I answered the wrong question in my RS GCSE exam (you could choose between 2 questions and I answered parts a, b and c of one question and d of the other) so that cost me a good 8 marks or so... I only realised when I was checking that I'd ticked the right boxes in the last two minutes of the exam, so it was far too late to fix my mistake!

I also put 89+1=100 near the end of a show-that question and couldn't work out why I wasn't getting the right answer... Only figured that one out when talking to my friends after the exam!
In English igcse exam this year, I signed off question one writing love from and then my own name :colonhash:

Latest