The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In my C1, I put 4 outer electrons on a boron atom, which was CLEARLY IN GROUP 3!

Thankfully, I'm not like everyone else in Use of Maths who said the campsite was open for 5 months, when it was clearly 7.

Oh, and in a mock GCSE chemistry, I lost the mark for "what is the electronic configuration of sodium"? Why?
Instead of saying 2,8,8, I chemistryed properly, and said it was 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 :P
Reply 181
Original post by sulaimanali
About to make this mistake in my AQA RE Unit 3 Exam.

Name 2 legal ways a person becomes wealthy. (2 marks)

Talent - e.g. footballers
Invention - e.g. Steve Jobs who invented MICROSOFT

That's fine? Lol that would get 2 marks :smile:
Original post by Excuse Me!
Today in my english language exam I spelt 'discourse' as 'discource' every damn time!

I've never done it before and at the time it looked weird but I could never put my finger on why that was.

:frown:

To be fair, I ALWAYS write "resources" as "recourses" or "resourses" in exams...I never know why!
I didn't understand why I was getting strange answers in mechanics mock until I realized the my calculator is in radians.
I also wrote a whole rhyming sentence for my philosophy exam and wrote somewhere that if gravity was stronger on earth we would be crushed like insects.
In my C1 Chemistry paper, there was a multiple choice question which asked about what solid is left after CuCO3 is burnt, or something.

I put CuO at first, which is obviously correct. But I kept thinking "it has oxide, from oxygen, so it isn't a solid" and changed the answer to just Cu.

I basically failed the whole of that paper- I wrote about emulsifiers instead of hydrogenation for the last question...
In a mock AS Geography exam, it said "why is a greying population a bad thing for the economy".
I didn't mean it this way, but I said that we are wasting money on treating and caring for the elderly. They don't deserve it.
My teacher was not very happy.
in my english lit crucible question they said write about two females characters in the play , i only wrote about one coz i didnt read the question
Reply 187
Original post by sheima derdour
in my english lit crucible question they said write about two females characters in the play , i only wrote about one coz i didnt read the question

I keep on making the mistake in the English Lit exams on the writers - keep on muddling them
Maths probability tree diagram...

Did a crap tonne of working out and in the end i messed up on.....

3x2...

I put 8 :frown:
Original post by Gunjo

steve jobs didnt invent microsoft, he invented apple, bill gates invented microsoft
Original post by sheima derdour

ahh my friend did that too:lol:
Not me, but someone at my school in the year below in History saw the word "monarchy" in a source question and thought it said "monastery". They didn't go back and reread the question at any point for as long as it took to go through the source and drag out every bit of information that even vaguely related to religion, then wrote a page-long answer on religion and monasteries. They didn't realise until they left the exam and everyone else was talking about it.

And my English Lit teacher told us about a time at university when the question was something about the author being an "apologist" for a philosophy or something - which means someone who argues in defence of a certain position. He thought it meant someone who disagreed with that position, and wrote his entire final paper for that year arguing the wrong point altogether.
Reply 192
For my Spanish reading for one of the questions I wrote "me apetece los pulmones"

Spoiler

Answered a whole AS French reading paper in English not French like I was supposed to...was only a mock though thank **** XD
I spelt Arthur Miller "Arther Miller" for my crucible exam and spelt "puritainism" instead of puritanism
Reply 195
Oh and I also spelt Napoleon wrong for the entirety of my History controlled assessment
Original post by Anmol_.
In English igcse exam this year, I signed off question one writing love from and then my own name :colonhash:

But what if you are called Maria?
I've remembered one that I did do! Not as stupid as others on here, but in my mock on Frankenstein I spelt Shelley as Shelly for the whole thing. And I did a practice question for class on Faustus and spelt Mephistophilis different every single time I wrote it.
In the C2 exam last year I half differentiated and half integrated an equation (which was worth 10 marks overall)
I got a U in the end :unimpressed:
Original post by Gunjo

Who is Steve Jobs?

Latest